why no suggestion threads?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by vindicarea, December 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vindicarea

vindicarea New Member

so i've browsed the forums and i've noticed that there are no threads for new unit suggestions, is there a reason for this? i mean to be honest the line up of different units in't hugely diverse, its good dont get me wrong i dont want to complain but it'd be interesting to see peoples ideas on new units, i know i have some myself , so if anyone knows why there's a lack of these threads or has any cool ideas of there own comment below, lets get a suggestion thread going!
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

bradaz85 likes this.
  3. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

There is such a thread in de backers lounge with a lot of ideas
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

There was such a thread in de backers lounge with a lot of ideas
  5. vindicarea

vindicarea New Member

well lets start a fresh thread, im thinking that there could be a t2 bot with a flamethrower less health and damage than an inferno but more maneuverable, it could be called the scorpion and while it packs a punch and is very mobile its cost and low range could add an interesting dynamic as to how people use them.

my 2n'd idea would be a t2 air unit called the raptor. with more health and faster fire rate than humming birds

maybe get a t2 tank with a machine gun or something, the first two are the ones i've thought about the most
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

We're due for more units but it's not a priority. I'd personally like to see the lobbies fixed first.
    proeleert and cptconundrum like this.
  7. Matster

Matster Active Member

Giant robot Spider is a must :p
    lafncow likes this.
  8. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

This. I am sick of suggesting stuff.

People have been suggesting things for the last 2,5 years. And the most brilliant ideas that could have made this game really stick out, didn't get realized. *cough* orders as first class entities *cough*
    stuart98, ace63, bengeocth and 2 others like this.
  9. vindicarea

vindicarea New Member

im not intending this to turn into one big wish list to be shoved in the devs faces, just a cool thread for cool unit ideas, could you imagine a t2 boom bot or even tier three where you can have giant walking mech like bots it'd be oretty cool, or orbital ships, that can bombard planets from orbit.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

A very subjective view.
  11. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Emphasis mine. The lack of any kind of "Follow through" (and I'm not just talking about implementing ideas, but even just communication regarding the suggestions) after Uber asked the Community directly for suggestions kinda killed the mood as it were.

Mike
  12. Matster

Matster Active Member

Yeah it is very subjective. I remember what one of the Longbow developers said last week on twitter - quoting: "A lot of developers get criticized for "not being able to do" what modders do. Do people realize there's *hundreds* more modders than devs?"
    cptconundrum likes this.
  13. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Suggestions thread?....you mean this entire forum?
  14. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

They shouldn't really be obligated to do so; they never said they would respond/implement said ideas.
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This actually makes sense too. Make it a bot, low range and only 12 speed and of course squishy bot health. But, make it really high damage. That way, assuming they aren't killed in a rush, they can torch structures in a mere moment on contact.

I miss the old Red Alert 2 anti-structure infantry. We have boom bots but, meh...
  16. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Guys. The devs have lives. The grand majority of the features in the game are suggestions, so cool it.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  17. squishypon3

Agreed, many suggestions have gotten into the game. Now of course many suggestions haven't, at least not yet, especially including your little pet feature suggestion.

Guys I'd like it if we'd stop acting like the game is over anyway, the devs are still working... At least for now.

We all know they most likely want that to be implemented; that it's just time consuming. They have other, more important things to be doing. The game is certainly playable without orders as first class entities.
  18. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

every time anyone suggests a new unit i will ask for a propper reason of why it should be in and how it shall differ from other units ... there have been many units suggested that would merely have done what the current rooster does already ...
    others were yet not made because of different priorities or possible issues with the games scale ...
    such as stealthunits for instance ...
  19. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

Nothing really subjective about ingenious UI features.
  20. squishypon3

He wasn't talking about that specifically, it's what it the most brilliant ideas. Anyway personally I feel it's just fluff; is not even really needed. It'd be nice, but definitely not required, so yeah that's a subjective view point.

Opinion isn't the same as fact. Starcraft doesn't have them as first class entities AFAIK and neither does TA, or really any older RTS game.
    igncom1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.