Visual Bugs Fix Plz

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by iron71, December 18, 2014.

1. iron71

iron71 Member

Hello everyone, I don't post here very often but I just wanted to bring up something that's been bugging me for a while now. It has to do mainly with visuals in naval, especially for Leviathans. Whenever I try to build a Leviathan in the Advanced Naval Factory, the model doesn't show up but when a fabber starts building a mex nearby the model shows up there instead. It's really strange because the strategic icon is still in the Factory while it's being built and I can still control it but it totally ruins naval for me as it's difficult to control my Leviathans when they are practically invisible :confused:
    I believe this has been brought up before but it was sorta swept under the rug. On a side note the AA ship's cannon is still pointed the wrong way and the Orbital Launcher is STILL bugged. I know these are probably not incredibly important, but it would help make the game look even more polished :p
    theseeker2 and christer1966 like this.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Do you have an Intel card? Because that seems to be the only place it happens; it's really hard for Uber to replicate (and therefore fix)

It's really annoying though. :(
  3. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I have an nvidia and it does that
  4. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

speaking of visual bugs, a lot of AMD card users are still suffering from excessive brightness...
    iron71 likes this.
  5. squishypon3

As a work around disable occlusion IIRC.
    xankar likes this.
  6. iron71

iron71 Member

My laptop has an Intel card and that's the computer I've been using the most lately, however I have a desktop with an AMD card and haven't tested to see if the same bug happens. I also have the AMD brightness bug which is really annoying because everything looks bleached on the bright side of the planet, I've been using the mod on PAMM that works around this problem but I would like an official fix :/
  7. nixtempestas

I've tried that, it has little to no effect, at least on my card (AMD 7850)

Would very much like to see an official fix, mod fixes are only effectively available to a tiny portion of the player base :(
    iron71 likes this.
  8. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

The leviathan bug is one we don't see internally, on any of the machines we have in the office. We had one person who saw it on their home machine once, so we honestly have no real understanding of the cause.

The AMD bright bug is similarly unseen in the office, which makes it difficult to track down. It's quite clearly a bug on some AMD video cards, which makes it extra difficult to track.
  9. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I'd lend you my laptop with an AMD firepro m4000 if you were in the neighbourhood instead of on the other side of the world :p
    christer1966 likes this.
  10. squishypon3

I think it has something to do with how many weapons (bone hierarchs) the leviathan has as I have a similar problem with a mega unit modded in that has many weapons as well.

It seems to be very common in Intel HD cards, heck I never have a game where it doesn't happen. And I suppose it happens with amd as well.
    christer1966 likes this.
  11. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

@bgolus
    I can reproduce it pretty reliably here on my machine with an on board Intel Graphics card (DxDiag attached).
    If you want to know something, or want some debug info let me know.

Attached Files:

christer1966 and squishypon3 like this.
  12. nixtempestas

I've attached my dxdiag if that helps for the brightness bug

specifically it is a 7850

Attached Files:

13. squishypon3

Same, integrated Intel HD 3000; it happens every time I build it.
  14. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Same leviathan bug for hd 4400 as well. No longer have that specific computer, it always happened though.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I was under the impression that most AMD cards have the issue. My 7850 on a recent driver has it as well.