Hotfix build 76557 is live - Unit Cannon Update!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, December 18, 2014.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Oh, yeah that's rather bad. You not using any of the launchers though? At least you'll be able to play since jables has gone home for today.
    eeroheroheino likes this.
  2. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

damn python updater script doesn't update all the files correctly for me.:mad:

actually still able to download the new build with it though
    Last edited: December 18, 2014
  3. stawos

stawos Member

Loving the new patch but....what happened to factory /fabber auto toggle? I was looking forward to that and now it's gone :(

Bring Back Auto Power Toggle http://strawpoll.me/3212311
    Last edited: December 18, 2014
    philoscience and warrenkc like this.
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I wanted to see some drop pod spread :( oh well, guess it's not too important to let it wait a patch, but I hope it's not going to be forgotten...
    corteks, carn1x and drz1 like this.
  5. Tsunamisan

Tsunamisan New Member

May seam like a dumb question but when playing the conquest mode with restricted tech what is the prerequisite for having the orbital launcher?
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

unitcannon does not build booms ? :(
    Remy561 likes this.
  7. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

this is the most pushed out thing i've ever seen, did you do any internal testing?
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

There's been 6 PTE builds in the lead up to this.
  9. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Someone obviously hasnt been paying attention...
  10. MrTBSC

good morning .... ...
  11. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Can you please post a picture of your keyboard. I would be so suprised if you can clearly see your "." key. :D
    squishypon3, tollman, igncom1 and 5 others like this.
  12. MrTBSC

... sure i can see it ... it is my favorite key obviously .... :)
    squishypon3, Clopse, igncom1 and 3 others like this.
  13. fuzzels

fuzzels Member

While the Unit Cannon is not like in the original teaser trailer (fill a rocket and then send the rocket and let bots get out of it in the air), I think this is a rather good solution; though it effectively is a factory that launches the bots.

Strategy wise, it seems you'll need to sync up a couple of them to make them really effective so that one can deploy a whole bunch of buts, and also of different type, at the same time en-mass.

I am also wondering what the air defenses do when they pass them, will have to play with that.

Great to have it, keep the improvements coming.

One of the PAStats server is already updated: http://planet.unfix.org/paservers/ hopefully the other one gets updated too; both are public hence use them if you got latency issues towards the OVH hosted servers provided by Uber. (really looking forward for official custom server support btw, but, lets fix actual game issues first (like floating metal spots + robots when a chunk of the planet is gone and many others people are reporting)
  14. christer1966

christer1966 Member

There is a bug that happens with unit cannon pods and nukes. If a planet with a large radius is orbiting a planet with a smaller radius (the random system generator creates a lot of systems like this) and the nuke or pods are sent to the larger planets, they have to orbit the smaller planet before reaching the bigger one. They then get stuck orbiting the smaller planet forever and never reach their destination. This bug has happened multiple times to me and is easily reproducible. I would be grateful if someone could fix this thank you.
    ef32 likes this.
  15. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

6 PTE builds and tanks can fire from the air on landing, great testing boys.
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

AA can't target them, but Umbrellas can.
  17. MrTBSC

can avengers and anchors too?
  18. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Maybe you can help out with the testing and stop complaining like a diva. As you have encouraged me to do in a previous post, submit a bug report. This is a good enough place to report it but try it with less drama. Take a snickers.

Edit: also believe this was mentioned in the PTE thread several times that hnits can attack while in the pod. I'm sure they know about it.
    drz1, kayonsmit101, proeleert and 4 others like this.
  19. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

I never encouraged you to, just asked. you assumed I was trying to "out you" for bug abuse in a competitive game.
  20. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Awesome update guys!! :D