[WIP] The Realm Community Balance Mod

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by nanolathe, April 23, 2014.

1. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

@zweistein000 @Aliessil

Well hotbuild works partially.
    The trick:
    Start a RCBM / Statera or any other servermod game that adds units / structures.
    You need to be in a running game !
    Go to settings > hotbuild > the new units / structures should be in the list and addable.
    save and play game with full hotbuild.
    Tip: export those settings to a file using export system.

The downside :
    If you start a vanilla and go into settings all the non vanilla units structures will be removed from hotbuild settings.

Statera Rocket Defense example:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So if you are clever you make export files per servermod you play.
    And when your servermod is started you just go import that servermod specific hotbuild file.
  2. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

Oh nice, thanks for that :) I'll do that, and export it to a file on my desktop.
  3. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

This day marks the return of the hotbuild. Welcome back old friend.

Also a minor update on AI:
    I managed to make it less afraid of minor stalling and it now regularly works with 60-90% metal efficiency. It also does a very early factory, but I can't make it go factory first because it will just stall itself on like 20-40% efficiency.
    I am also working on making it use naval better (the naval part of the AI was basically non-existent) as well as scout with AA bots (it didn't scout with bots at all). I will upload what I have done to a special branch of github for everyone who wants an in-dev version.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  4. zweistein000

Aquick update. I managed to make the AI build units and not attack, so I didn't upload anytjlhing. I'll upload ASAP for anyone wanting to test.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I know that feel. Well, I believe I will add my new naval units for possible use by the AI in NavalRedux, but modifying how it uses naval is a pain, I can't even get it to prefer it over Air.

However, I originally thought the AI was incapable of choosing naval which shows its crummy state, but it in fact can choose naval in vanilla so go figure.
  6. zweistein000

Getting the AI to prefer naval over everything is as easy as editing ai.js file in "ui\main\game\new_game\js"
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

So there is junk outside the AI folder? Go figure, that would likely help.

EDIT: Yes, that appears to be it. Much appreciated.

Best of luck to you, populating the naval AI files for RCBM, they are pretty empty shell compared to the land and air ones. I hope when vanilla naval IS fixed, that @sorian spices up the naval AI as well. I have made work torwards hopefully getting AI to use naval as well as use the new units. I hope at least, it can intellegently detect need for AA like land can.
    Last edited: November 13, 2014
  8. zweistein000

Ok so I have done some changes that are ready for those of you eager to test it. Please leave feedback and send me your tears.

Zwei.

EDIT: ... It worked before but not it just breaks and I think I know why. Give me 15 minutes.

EDIT2: Fixed. I accidentally put in an experimental file that increased the scout platoon to 5 units and since the AI only build 1 scout it never sent that scout on a scouting run, never found you and thus never attacked you. I need to increase it's willingness to scout though.

Attached Files:

Last edited: November 13, 2014
  9. sleepykid12

sleepykid12 New Member

Quick question. How close are you to saying that this is fully balanced and start working on the expansion mods? I realise that at the moment you can't have more than one unitlist.json but you could just make it so that you have one mod with the expansion, and one without.
  10. zweistein000

Work has currently stopped (at least on my part) due to us not having the tools to do much more, due to Uber not fixing their issues on their side yet or telling us what the future holds (at this point I did expect Jables to start giving out info about more distant future not just next 2 weeks) and due to the fact that you can only play so many times against bots before it gets boring. My AI work was basically crushed when Sorian implemented the changes, because it doesn't seem like it's fully backwards compatible so the AI would need a complete rework now, something I don't have time, energy or the will to do currently. I'll probably come around and play a couple of game during the holidays when my new computer arrives, but I can't say I'll do much work.
  11. xerdkv

xerdkv New Member

Hey all,

created a user in order to ask something about this mod which is bothering me..

Did something got broken in the way or does some units are just missing icons and are looking like dots/circles when zoomed out?, Since It's realy difficult to find certain units like orbital fabricator if doesn't have any icon..

Please let me know, Thanks.
  12. zweistein000

Dut to the fact that Uber never implemented the code for unit icons to work with server-side mod only, you require a Separate client mod in addition to the server mod in order to see unit icons.
    trialq likes this.
  13. xerdkv

xerdkv New Member

I use both server and UI mods for this mod, Downloaded in PAMM, Still don't have all the icons present, It's realy hard to play that way.

Anything extra I'll have to do/add/download in order to fix that?
  14. zweistein000

Which icons are missing then? Can I get a screenshot, because in that case there was either an error in installation or the recent builds broke the UI mod.
  15. xerdkv

xerdkv New Member

EDIT: Found out the problem - Doesn't blend well with League of commanders mod.
    EDIT2: Seems to not work on the second run..
    EDIT3: In skirmish without other relative mods loaded it works fine, In Galactic war the icons are missing.

Can it be fixed?
    Last edited: December 15, 2014
  16. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Probably, but Galactic War is essentially foreign territory for server mods. Due to the revised file structure of the RCBM I'd be surprised if the game didn't crash when any unit fired.

Server mods are not applied to the galactic war by default. You have to change a line in their modinfo.json to "context": "client",
    rather than
    "context": "server",

and put them in the mods folder rather than the server_mods folder. Any units with a foreign file path (meaning there isn't a unit.json file in that place in vanilla) will crash the game upon firing for some odd reason.
    zweistein000 likes this.
  17. zweistein000

This exactly ^
  18. xerdkv

xerdkv New Member

Can't find "mods" folder in the root dir : Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\

Tried to create one and put the mod's server side there and no success in fixing the issue, Tried placing it in the client_mods folder, Also no success.

EDIT: This mod has ui and server part.. , They both have as it seems - all of the icons in their ui dirs, Somewhat they are partially loaded, Maybe because of the server_mods folder issue on galactic war, Very strange that it works partially at all.

If you can clear it up, Tell me where and which files to moves/edit completly it would've helped alot.
    Last edited: December 16, 2014
  19. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

It's in %localappdata%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation on windows.
  20. zweistein000

Basically you need to find the "RCBM" folder in the "%localappdata%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\server_mods" and copy it over to "%localappdata%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\client_mods".
    Then you need to open the folder and edit the modinfo.json (with a notepad or similar program) and and change "context": "server", into "context": "client",

Hopefully this will make it work for Galactic war. Note that RCBM is primarily a server mod and I cannot guarantee that it will work as a client one for Galactic war.