Alpha2546 maps: Hanfyren 26-07-2015 on PAMM too!

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by Alpha2546, December 14, 2014.

1. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Welcome to my maps thread. Here you can download my maps. You can download the mappak that is hooked at this starting post or you can download the individual maps at there specific posts.

You can load em in by navigating to system designer from the main menu and then click the import button. You need to extract the maps from the zip file before you do that though!

You can also get the maps by downloading the community map pack of gandalf (@reptarking) or you can download my own pack if you don't want all those community maps.

Enjoy!

Map: L@v@ C@rn@ge.
    • Lobby setup: 1v1v1v1 FFA style or 2v2 non shared or shared armies.
    • Size: 400 radius.
    • Non symmetrical.
    • Description: This map is created with the idea of setting up a quick game which won't drag on too long. Thats why the radius is 400 and half of the planet is covered in lava. Its has some really nice chokepoints and you can definately wall yourself off however you will miss some metal spots if you do that. I've had lots of people who really enjoyed playing this map so you should definately try it out. The map is also pretty well balanced.
    [​IMG]

Map: THE T3MPLE
    • Non symmetrical.
    • Description: So I wanted to create a bigger map then L@v@ C@rn@ge and so I made this 400 radius planet whith the temple csg in it. You have to expand to naval or else your base is screwed and you can attack each other easily from land (it is pretty chokey). Navigating on this planet is also really easy cause you have two really different sides

Map: THE T3MPLE 3v3
    • Lobby setup: 1v1v1v1v1v1 FFA style or 3v3 non shared or shared armies.
    • Size: 500 radius.
    • Non symmetrical.
    • Description: Pretty much the same as the 2v2 temple map but with a bit more focus on naval.

Map: THE REEF

• Lobby setup: 2v2 shared armies or 1v1.
    • Size: 500radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: Symmetrical with two land chokes which can't really be defended with t1 naval yet you're able to do some damage to the others players base with naval.

Attached Files:

Last edited: April 15, 2015
    Remy561, dom314, guest1 and 5 others like this.
  2. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Your own description sounds nice, although my favourite playstyle actually IS ShareArmy... :(
  3. Alpha2546

Well the shared army doesnt really give you a big advantage cause the map aint that big. Though I don't think its a lot of effort making shared possible. I'll check it out. You should try it out!
    dom314 likes this.
  4. Alpha2546

Update!
    Today i created a really cool map called:

Map: THE T3MPLE
    • Non symmetrical.
    • Description: So I wanted to create a bigger map then L@v@ C@rn@ge and so I made this 400 radius planet whith the temple csg in it. You have to expand to naval or else your base is screwed and you can attack each other easily from land (it is pretty chokey). Navigating on this planet is also really easy cause you have two really different sides.
    This is the temple side. Lots of metal to get.
    1.png
    And the opposite side of the temple is this small lake.
    2.png

Download at the first post

Attached Files:

Last edited: April 14, 2015
    dom314, jonasmod and trialq like this.
  5. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Played the temple map, had a blast!

We played shared armies though. It worked out just fine.

Dis is not true, we let the other team grab the naval, and managed to build our bases far away enough for t1 naval not to be able to shoot it. Then we took the temple by force and won by having the bigger eco and having the initiative.
    dom314 likes this.
  6. Alpha2546

This is actually true indeed. I should update the description. You can choose to go naval but its not neccesary and you can even avoid the whole naval thingy which makes the map more interesting I think? I did got some feedback about creating some more metal spots close to the water. What do you think about this?

Glad you liked the map though! I've been wanting to make a 3v3 one, yet that one still hasn't succeeded yet. Thanks for letting me know!
    dom314 likes this.
  7. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

I don't think you need to change the map, at least not yet. I think that when people have played it a couple of times, there won't be so many naval battles, because the water mex are so heavily contested early that you cannot rely on them.

If I was* to change the metal distribution I'd probably look to remove some mex in the temple rather than adding mex close to the water, to get a more even late-game. But as I said, I think it is good as it is for now.
    Last edited: January 15, 2015
    xankar and Alpha2546 like this.
  8. Alpha2546

Thread updated!

Contains the 3v3 temple map which has been used on the annual lords tourney
    and a brand new 2v2 map called the reef. Enjoy!

Map: THE REEF

• Lobby setup: 2v2 shared armies or 1v1.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: Symmetrical with two land chokes which can't really be defended with t1 naval yet you're able to do some damage to the others players base with naval.
    reef1.png
    reef2.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: April 14, 2015
    dom314 and xankar like this.
  9. Alpha2546

UPDATE TIME!

I've got four new maps to share to you all so lets begin!

Map: Diona
    • Lobby setup: 3v3 shared armies or 1v1.
    • ASymmetrical.
    • Description: Two poles fighting against eachother on a lava map with some intensive battles in the middle for the important mex spots.
    Diona1.jpg
    Diona2.jpg
    Map: ICE Madness
    • Lobby setup: 3v3 shared or unshared armies.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: Symmetrical team landgames where you can team up on opponents. They can do the same on you though!
    ICE madness1.jpg
    icemadness 2.jpg
    Map: Zetox
    • Lobby setup: 5v5 shared armies.
    • Size: 804 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: Team games on a big tropical planet. Poles fighting against eachother. With naval.
    zetox.jpg
    zetox2.jpg

Download at first post.

Attached Files:

Last edited: April 8, 2015
    dom314 and Corgiarmy like this.
  10. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

In your screenshots for The Reef there are metal spots missing which means it's asymmetrical.
  11. Alpha2546

Lol more people were asking me about the mex spawns but they're fixed ingame. I'll redo the pictures :p. Thanks for letting me know quitch.
    dom314 likes this.
  12. Alpha2546

First off. Removed the map Supremacy since it lacks any kind of vision or key points. Not happy about how it play and looks.

Good news too though! Got a new map which is in my opinion my biggest and best map for now.

Map: Hydrogenix facility F407
    • Lobby setup: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5 shared.
    • Size: 900 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: Team games on a huge tropical planet with an abandoned facility between the spawns. Has some really good esthetics yet it still is really functional. This map is made for the ultimate macro players if you go 1v1. Lots of love went into this map! Enjoy
    [​IMG]

For more detailed pictures: http://imgur.com/Rr8VRw2,QTzMkwH,e1ftae3,CkQKG32,WYNVu9m,8wG1MM7,fLSjzRR,9prAIlJ,xmgbjzN#8

@cmdrflop I made this system for your future 1v1 tourney. I hope you like it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: April 24, 2015
    dom314, Corgiarmy and cmdrflop like this.
  13. Alpha2546

Map: Reminisce
    • Lobby setup: 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 shared.
    • Size: 801 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: Map is inspired by the playstyle of Forge and Lava Carnage. Easy to get a grasp on it yet its definately a bit bigger then those maps.
    reminisce1.jpg
    reminisce2.jpg
    Map: Lazona
    • Lobby setup: 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 shared.
    • Size: 600 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: Inspired by the map hydrogenix facility F407. Unfortunately that map was too big for my computer so I made a smaller one. No naval in this one too.

Lazona.jpg
    Lazone.jpg

Also reedited the metal spots for Diona and Ice madness. Much more focus on those maps now. Another change I did is putting all my maps in one single zip file at the starting post. I'll hook the individual maps to my post where I announce the maps.

Owyeah and I'd like to thanks @imperatorurist for his feedback! Thanks Urist! Make sure to check his maps here

Attached Files:

dom314, Corgiarmy and cola_colin like this.
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Making this a map pack on PAMM would get you more exposure, and make it easier to keep up :)
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  15. Alpha2546

I thought about this before but I figured people could download the community map pack. Now that I think about it again it might be good to do this.

• Even more exposure.
    • Users can update the stuff way more easily (and me too).
    • Better metadata.
    • Get the latest and greatest updates.
    I'll do this . Thanks for the advice Quitch.

UPDATE
    Map pack is on PAMM too. Probably makes it wayy easier to install the maps. Enjoy
    dom314 likes this.
  16. Alpha2546

Map update!

Map: Carnosa

• Lobby setup: 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 4v4 shared or unshared armies.
    • Size: 600 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: 4v4 lava map where you can team up on players. Its pretty chokey here and there which makes you able to defend against these team ups.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

Map: Elijahs path
    • Lobby setup: 3v3 shared, unshared, FFA.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: A cool team map with some good csging in it. Has a mix of naval and land which makes you able to attack on a lot of fronts.
    3.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg

Map: xankars™_fury commpush_© _ ©
    • Lobby setup: 2v2 shared, unshared, FFA.
    • Size: 350 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: A small team map which makes you do commpushes to defend or win battles.
    5.jpg
    6.jpg

Attached Files:

dom314 and xankar like this.
  17. overjoyedtrooper

overjoyedtrooper New Member

Now all we need is Coruscant
  18. xankar

xankar Post Master General

"xankars™_fury commpush_© _ ©"

<3
  19. Alpha2546

Update time

Map: Alaska
    • Lobby setup: 2v2 shared, unshared, FFA.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: A small 2v2 map where you can team up on other players. There can also be a bit of naval play in rare games.
    14.jpg

15.jpg
    Map: Metal Heck
    • Lobby setup: 3v3 shared, unshared, FFA.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: a 3v3 metal map with platforms where you can build turrets on. Inspired by the original Total annihilation Metal Heck map.
    12.jpg
    Map: The Ohmwrecker

• Lobby setup: 10 player shared, unshared, FFA.
    • Size: 700 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: a 10 player map with a lot of interesting csg placement. Map can get turtly at some point but there are also ways to break that. Can also be used for an annihilazer system.
    13.jpg

Thanks for the name! I'll definately use it for a future system or planet.

BBY <3
    cdrkf, dom314, ace63 and 2 others like this.
  20. Alpha2546

Update time again.

Tried a couple of multiplanet systems going but the system editor gets kinda buggy when you try to load multiple custom planets into one system.

I got lucky with one system though.
    System: System F205
    • Lobby setup: 10 player shared.
    • Amount of planets: 4 -> 1 earth type, 1 moon type, 1 gas giant, 1 ice planet.
    • 2 planet are smashable
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: The reef map and the new moon map Coruscent into one big system. Add a gas and a small ice planet to this and you've got the perfect combo for some deadly smashing.
    Map: Coruscant
    • Lobby setup: 6 player shared.
    • Size: 350 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: a 6 player map with some cheeky trenches and platforms. Its a north vs south setup.
    1.jpg

2.jpg
    dom314 likes this.