would it be viable to lower the cost of t2 factories?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by judicatorofgenocide, December 12, 2014.

?

lower cost of t2

1. yes pls

20 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. no thank you

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

8 x the cost of a t1 factory seems a little excessive does it not?
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Only to begin with, as once you get a T2 economy going it quickly landslides from expensive to quite cheap.
    cybrankrogoth and bengeocth like this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The t1 economy just should allow players to grow their economy to be able to pay for t2 after a while instead.
  4. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

It's a little fiddly, right now T2 is super expensive, so you never see it, though previously it was way too cheap, and that situation was arguably worse, as the game turned into a tech-rush. T1 was also pretty much irrelevant back in that build. (I do feel a little bad for the poor vanguards, nerfed into oblivion.)
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

All the likes to you.

Some kind of exponential economy that does not violate wysiwyg.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Whenever I see WYSIWYG I feel this aggressive vibe.
    pieman2906 and igncom1 like this.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Well I'm sure that wasn't the intention. :)

Anyway keeping the economy WYSIWYG and fixing it to make more sense is simple. :p

Yes but that's terrible. :(
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

so lets put invisible economybuffs into the game .. adjansecybonuses anyone?
  9. igncom1

I agree, but these are the way the wind blows.

Hell in my IgnWarzone Mod I even made the T1 power and Mex much, much more efficient then the T2 ones, they are just more compacted, that and the T2 mex generates the same metal as the first, so all you end up doing to doubling the metal eco for like 4 or 5 times the cost.
  10. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

t1 energy gens should either build faster, be a bit cheaper, or get a production buff.
  11. igncom1

In relation to the drain of factorys? Yes I agree.
  12. theseeker2

Yeah, just about every activity in the game is hardcore power oriented. T1 power is horrific, t1 pgens take much longer to build than mexes and it's very easy to stall out when switching to t2, but as soon as you get t2 power you hit 'critical mass economy' where it becomes almost impossible to stall out and production can increase exponentially. I think t1 energy should be cheaper and t2 more expensive, that's my stance. T1 energy is too limited and t2 energy isn't limited enough.
    igncom1 likes this.
  13. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I wonder if there is a balance mod that fixes all these problems....

OH WAIT!

There is!
  14. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Every system that scales its income based on its outcome (and is unbound) is exponential. Just start a game where you will be left alone and try to eco as hard as you can, you will see a exponential curve on metal and power. The thing is you don't need to grow your economy exponential to crush your opponent. To be precise, you must not grow your economy exponential in a "normal" situation, because there is a trade-of between resources that you use to attack and resources you use to expand. Just ask colin about that ;-)

criz.
  15. squishypon3

Oh yeah Stat-

WAIT JUST A MINUTE, JUST A MINUTE!

X3
  16. theseeker2

I'd just prefer if the balance changes were made in vanilla, personally. Ground balance is a bit wonky as well, bolos are a lot more powerful than dox, but just slower. I hardly ever use bots in t1, honestly, except combat fabbers to assist my inferno walls. The difference in dps between in t1 and t2 is ridiculous as well, t2 instantly makes t1 obsolete. Dox have 10 dps per weapon, slammers 400 per weapon. Bolos have 42 dps, levelers have 1200 dps. I know they're supposed to be cost-balanced, but cost balancing doesn't work with an exponentially growing t2 economy. The only t1>t2 upgrade that seems reasonable to me is inferno to vanguard. I think the vanguard needs to go away completely, and the inferno moved to t2 and buffed slightly. Some other damage-soaking vehicle would have to be introduced at t1, though.

edit: per weapon dps for bots
    Last edited: December 12, 2014
  17. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Maybe a new economy unit that
    Yes I know the curve is exponential but the actual units are not. The eco produced by a single mex is linear and limits production.

I think a better solution would be to buff t2 units or decrease T2 factory costs.
  18. squishypon3

Dox actually have 20dps, ten per weapon, same goes for slammer. D:

Anyway yes T2 might be really powerful, but it's not OP, it's MUCH too expensive.

T2 needs to be weaker and cheaper...
  19. igncom1

Saved for the lols!
    Clopse likes this.
  20. theseeker2

The PA economy is energy-limited, mass seems to be abundant, even though there should be less mass. With a T2 economy, t2 production doesn't seem so expensive.
    In a multi-planet game, I routinely get mass input of 2-3k/s and energy input of more than 100k/s. At that rate, I can mass produce just about everything except superweapons and maybe nukes without ever worrying about stalling mass.