PTE Build 76412-pte now live (updated with new build 12/16/14)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, December 5, 2014.

1. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Happy. Can someone take screenshot/s of the selection? Not near a proper PC right now (and won't be for a couple of days D: )
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

[​IMG]
    carn1x likes this.
  3. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Looks good, thanks. And thank you Uber :)
    carn1x likes this.
  4. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Man cannot wait to get home from work and give the new pte a play.
    Whooooooot :):):)
  5. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

OMG! Uber has been reading the balance forums! These are the changes most people were pushing for! The size reduction, the priority of AA, the defenses problems, the economic stance. Uber didn't comment on them when they shown up in the forums, but they were listening! These changes are awesome!

I was exited about the unit cannon but these balance changes seem even more cool!
  6. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Too much automation creeping in for my liking. But that chat will derail a pretty positive thread so won't delve into it. Great work nonetheless.
    snierke likes this.
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It's defiantly unexpected.

But no verdict from me either.
  8. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

The Unit Cannon makes very lovely noises. Keep it like that :D

Padew Padew Padew Padew Padew....... Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom...
    Planktum likes this.
  9. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

Loving it. hopefully we will get an area attack command so that we can disperse the pods landing area.
    killerkiwijuice and optimi like this.
  10. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

just keeps getting better and better XD great work
    1.jpg 2.jpg
    i think that 25% size reduction makes shipyards look a bit odd lol
    lafncow likes this.
  11. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

That's actually a great idea! @jables, is this possible?
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

@jables
    Will the Unit Cannon have a fire rate adjustment to help it's visual presentation?
  13. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

A couple things I think need to happen with the unit cannon. It needs to be a little bit cheaper, maybe reduce the cost by one T2 bot factory, make the pods automatically have a bit of spread when they land, make an area attack option (currently the area attack command makes it do nothing) where they spread out over a set area, (possibly have a similar effect to when area attacking with multiple nukes?), the drop pods need to come all the way down IMO, then remain on the ground as wrecks or structures or something, and finally, umbrellas should be able to shoot down incoming drop pods while they aren't in the orbital layer, using a mechanic similar to the GIL-E's anti-tactical missile weapon. Also, fix some of the bugs, but we already knew that.
  14. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I think the economy management is OK. Even TA sort of implemented it. (Though in a different way.) Besides, I'm a casual noob, make my life a bit easier!
    warrenkc likes this.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Remy561 likes this.
  16. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Some clarification for this. Normally, if you give a unit an attack order it sets its priority weapon target to the target of the attack order. If the attack order is cancelled, the unit still remembers what the priority target was. This allows you to give a group of Dox an attack order and then give them a series of move orders (micro) and they will continue to attack the attack order target, assuming it is alive and still in range.

For bombers this presented an issue. If you micro bombers around a group of units trying to get them to spread bomb damage (as I see a lot of players do), but accidentally click one of the units (which will issue an attack) then all of the bombers would think that accidentally clicked unit was a priority target. Since bombers do not have unlimited ammo, they would hold their bombs until they were over the priority target. The result would appear to players as though bombers were simply refusing to fire.

This is where "maintain_priority_target" comes in. This value defaults to true, which maintains the behavior I described above. Setting this value to false (which is what bombers are now set to) means that the unit in question will clear its priority target once the attack order is cancelled. This change should make it easier to micro bombers around.

Regarding the Unit Cannon. Yes, I realize it is not finished. The decision was made to release the PTE earlier than we have been in the past, which means things will not be in anything resembling a finished state. The Unit Cannon is still being worked on (model, effects, everything) and wont be released to live in the state you see it in now.
    Kryoclasm, dukyduke, corteks and 15 others like this.
  17. jables

jables Uber Employee

We opened it up to all secondary colors being available to all primary colors. This includes same color primary and secondary.
    Kryoclasm, dukyduke, nlaush and 7 others like this.
  18. jables

jables Uber Employee

To add to this.. we are planning on using PTE to test things much more early than previously. This means you will see broken/unfinished stuff more often. This also means you will see stuff that we decide not to go with and it will be pulled. Just wanted to clarify this. The old PTE builds of "basically shippable" is not the norm from now on. We will have that build up right before launch, but early builds will be more like this one.
    Kryoclasm, dukyduke, corteks and 14 others like this.
  19. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Need more info on this. GW or Skirmish? Map? Any other relevant info?
    warrenkc and Remy561 like this.
  20. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's was skirmish and 3 "normal" enemy AIs, map was random.
    I usually don't have stuck AIs often so worried if it's something affect others or not.

Will do more testing today. :)
  21. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

And no mods?