What is the best way to report misc crashes?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by wondible, December 2, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I keep forgetting to ask about this. I had a lot of crashes during the tournament and just generally. If I can identify a reproducible cause, I'll put it on bugtracker. What about the mystery crashes?

OS X specific: Is Uber set up to receive data via Apple's crash reporter? That would probably cover me pretty well.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Every time PA crashes, it uploads a crash log, doesn't it? At least it does so under Linux.
  3. wondible

Far from every time. I have an outgoing firewall, and since I've yet to give crashupload blanket permission, I get a dialog when it does fire.
  4. DeathByDenim

Ah, true. There is a daily upload limit of three last time I checked. And there could be bugs in the crash-uploading part of course. :)
  5. wondible

Ah yes, I have seen that when watching console output in the past. I've been getting a lot more than three lately. Since it's not trying to call out, the report count and time must be stored somewhere locally?
  6. DeathByDenim

Yeah, it has to. There are no obvious paths inside the crashupload executable that I could see and there is a command-line parameter "-m MAX_PER_DAY", which means it's PA itself that keeps track of it. So it should be somewhere in the database files in "~/Library/<something_I_forget>/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation". I can probably find it with the sqllitebrowser later tonight. :)
  7. DeathByDenim

Well, I can't seem to find it. It's not in any of the databases. Maybe it only puts it there after a crash and I can't get PA to crash. Darn it! :)