Build 75539 is live!

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, November 25, 2014.

1. chaser86

chaser86 New Member

First off, thanks for the great work on PA!
    I have noticed a small bug that has been around for a few months:
    The build queue of fabbers is aborted if you order the fabber to pass through a stargate as the last task of the queue. It’s easy to avoid but still annoying :) Would be great if you could fix it.
    Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Remy561 likes this.
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

It would be nice if I could see my friend's rankings by right-clicking on them, as part of some sort of user profile page...
    Raevn and thetrophysystem like this.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Or their last match. Excellent add to social bar IMHO.
    Raevn likes this.
  4. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

This would be a nice fix!!

Send fab to moon -> build required haleys -> return -> LAUNCH!! And all that without even having to remind yourself to save your fabbers :p
  5. galaxyisos

galaxyisos Member

without save feature, this game will never be completed :D
  6. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

40 years ;) /s
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Ok, I think I found a bug in the Linux build. I can reliably crash it in Kubuntu 14.04.1. From the main menu, I go to [MULTIPLAYER] -> [1v1 RANKED MATCH]. It puts me in the queue in the "SEARCHING FOR OPPONENTS" screen. I then leave the screen open (in windowed mode, not minimized) and start browsing the forums in Firefox. After a while, the PA client just crashes with a segmentation fault:
    Code:
    6205 00:58:37.859872 W | PID: 6229 | 6249 00:58:37.843810 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/en/shared.json
    6205 00:58:37.893303 W | PID: 6229 | 6249 00:58:37.877556 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/dev/shared.json
    6205 00:58:37.925893 W | PID: 6229 | 6229 00:58:37.910073 Requesting resource read for coui://ui/mods/ui_mod_list.js with internal id 272 reported FAIL
    [19:59:52.818] INFO subprocess 6345 reaped (exited with exit code 1)
    Dump written to /tmp/393659bb-0754-673c-5888c227-600ce53e.dmp
    CrashID=bp-18e47360-78e7-4794-90f9-9a0262141127
    crashupload returned success
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The crash probably occurs when an opponent is found, but that's just theory since it just crashes obviously. I suspect it has to do with the new out of game notifications for Linux (maybe in combination with KDE4), because if I just wait and don't defocus PA, it will work just fine and not crash. I ran the executable with the --nomods flag and it still occurs, so it's definitely not related to mods.

If I recall correctly, the Linux notifications are @jorgenpt's handy work, right?
  8. n00n

n00n Active Member

[​IMG]
    Surprise attack: invisible bridge!
    stuart98 and cptconundrum like this.
  9. n00n

n00n Active Member

After removing the libnotify package (which provides the notify-send binary that PA is attempting to execute), I was able to reproduce this.
    jorgenpt, SXX and DeathByDenim like this.
  10. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I have found a few bugs with the system editor and suggestions for improving the editor.

Suggestion 1: There should be a small mini tutorial/UI thing on the bottom of the screen to show people how to edit planets. There is really no way for people to know how to use the CSG and metal editor.

Suggestion 2: Custom starting places are vital. I think the simplest kind of system to integrate in the UI would be:
    • A checkbox to enable custom starting places.
    • A color coded or number coded process for organizing and moving the correct starting positions around. i.e., team 3's starting places would be labeled with a "3" on the planet in system editor.
    • These would need to be adjusted depending on number of armies. Select the number of armies, then adjust the spawns.
    Bugs: I have found that the metal and CSGs from a planet sometimes resets when you go and start a game. This might happen if you click ''save system'' when the ''edit metal'' or ''edit csgs'' are selected, although I can't be sure. This also might happen if the spawns do not have metal in them.

I do know that this happened to my Tug O' War system (can be viewed in the other thread thing) until I was forced to add metal to every starting position and deselected the edit csg and edit metal.
    warrenkc and FSN1977 like this.
  11. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Nice find. Weirdly enough I did have libnotify4 installed, but not libnotify-bin. Installing it fixes the crash. But in any case, crashing=bad. :)
    I feel this would be easy to fix though. Somebody is not checking their return values for NULL's probably. :)
  12. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Anyone else experience upside down metal spots in 1v1? I only noticed it on my last game
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That looks a lot like a problem somebody else had as well.
    Question: Do you have any sort of mods enabled? Especially mods that shadow biome files?
    Try to play with --nomods.
  14. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Known issue. It does not affect mex placement.
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  15. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Just encountered a reproducible bug; right now the #1 Uber player is listed as Elodea, but when you click to watch the match it loads a match between Goku and someone else who isn't Elodea.
  16. spdr870

spdr870 New Member

That was me. I can confirm this bug is still their in the released version. Yesterday I had 2 games with mountains that where invisible to me, but visible for my team mate. Also had mountains that where visible to me, and not for my teammate. No mods, fresh reinstall. I was the host of the game. Linux btw.
  17. johnmatrix82

johnmatrix82 New Member

Hello, just had a game in my Galactic war.. my two sub commanders weren't stuck into any scenery, they simply didn't do anything sitting idle or moving around without building nothing.

I don't think this is the normal behavior since enemy commanders are active as usual.
  18. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

How about a timer on the pause screen. My opponent disconnected and they get 180 seconds to return, but I do not know how long I have been waiting, or how long I still have to wait.

Lol, I lost 4/5 of my ranked matches, the one victory was because of the disconnect -> Rank silver :p

Also, why not make it possible to view all ranked players? Or show a number next to them to see how much points you have to earn by winning to get to the nr 1 spot.

Finally, why so many players in the Uber ranking list?
    Last edited: November 27, 2014
  19. cola_colin

I guess Goku is Elodea, just renamed?
    stuart98 and cptconundrum like this.
  20. cola_colin

Did you make sure to clean off all the potential mod data in your home directory?
    That's really weird then.

Can we get a replaylink for an example replay?