PTE build 75330-pte (please post feedback and bugs here)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, November 20, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Edit: If you're coming to this late, go like bgolus's post instead. He has video, and actually created the effects.

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 21.35.32 .png Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 21.35.46 .png Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 21.36.00 .png

Air layer commander explosion:

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 21.38.30 .png Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 21.38.40 .png Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 21.38.47 .png Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 21.38.57 .png Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 21.39.09 .png
    Last edited: November 22, 2014
    cdrkf, eroticburrito, Quitch and 17 others like this.
  2. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

That's freaking amazing
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  4. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

It means the damage done by the nuke / commander death matches up with the shockwave effect now. The delay wasn't ever actually working, so the shockwave started instantly.
    shootall, mered4, wondible and 7 others like this.
  5. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Awesome, this always kinda bugged me but I just assumed that the flame wave was never as fast as the shockwave. I just hope I can un-program my brain to understand this brave new world :D
  6. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

I suppose it is a chick's name, but I believe you may notices the visual similarities: [​IMG]
  7. superouman

superouman Post Master General

We need a Transformer commander who can turn into a car.
    devoh likes this.
  8. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

9. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

New Commander! Yippee!
    Remy561 likes this.
  10. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Will you guys be introducing a cooldown/recharge timer for the Annihilaser anytime soon? Seems a bit OP to allow that huge laser to fire in semi-auto fashion and blow one planet after another away without any delays. Alternatively, firing the laser could require so much power in storage before you are able to fire it, which it would consume upon firing. At that point, the number of power generators that you have would dictate how long the recharge time would take before you reached the power storage quota for the subsequent shot. I think it would be interesting to make attaining a certain power level a requirement, so that conceivably your economy system wide would be a factor in firing the laser, which opponents could affect between shots.

EDIT: Either way, I could see an audio alert implemented for the laser preparing to fire another shot. Something like...."Annihilaser ready to fire in T minus 60 seconds", then a final 10 second Aliens (movie) style countdown that ends with something like "Annihilaser recharge completed".
    Last edited: November 21, 2014
    Remy561 likes this.
  11. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Haha so not supposed to be a female commander? Is it your commander? I like the design and it may actually be my first commander purchase.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  12. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

we need a commander that is a car.. a 'Cobra' Commander maybe?

This works on so many levels.
    thetrophysystem and jomiz like this.
  13. doud

doud Well-Known Member

WOOOOOW I've just discovered CSG editing ..... just impressive, can't wait to see additional features :)
  14. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Berlinetta is a really beautiful commander. I might need it.
    Bsport, Remy561 and carn1x like this.
  15. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Hope they'll back as high rez circles. Effect itself wasn't bad at all. ;)
    ace63 likes this.
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

My thoughts exactly.
    Remy561 likes this.
  17. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Eh, bug:
    Ice planets are missing in the biome selector in the planet editor.

And bug:
    "Edit CSG" button highlight gets out of sync with editor state when pressed during planet generation.

And bug:
    Grabbing mirrored CSG always grabs the unmirrored source, and swaps it with the mirrored copy if you are on the mirror side of the planet. Meaning your CSG just got mirrored by force, and the original is now on the other hemisphere.

And bug:
    There is no selection preview (highlighting CSG wireframe white on click) when clicking on mirrored CSG, grabbing however does something. (See previous bug.)

And bug:
    Mirrored CSG dragged onto equator isn't "unmirrored", and "unmirrored" CSG dragged away from the equator is not mirrored.

And bug:
    Mirrored CSG is not linked properly on first ctrl+v. The copy only syncs with the original once you have dragged the copy at least once manually.

And bug:
    Pressing "Edit CSG" before the CSG has been initially created, makes the planet "blank" without any CSG. Disabling "Edit CSG" and clicking "Preview" generates the missing CSG.

And bug:
    Wireframe for the cross section trenches on metal planets look ... weird? They span half the planet under the surface of the planet.

And bug:
    Metal planet pole caps are not CSG? Well, you can delete them, and they appear to be mirrored. But they appear to be hard baked into the planet as they are not shown as wireframe, but hard baked features when edit mode is active. When the corresponding wireframe is deleted, the caps remain until the preview is generated.

And bug:
    Zooming below the planets surface during planet generation appears to corrupt the game, there's a hole in the planet where the planet was clipped. Retriggering the preview process then freezes the holodeck (not the UI!). EDIT: Freeze isn't permanent, only a few seconds, but the corruption is and will remain even when regenerating the preview.
    carn1x, K1S3L, Remy561 and 2 others like this.
  18. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I'll take the car too, I guess.
    carn1x likes this.
  19. SXX

SXX Post Master General

What I wonder about is anyone already managed to allow build on top of CSG once again? :rolleyes:

Also from navigation debug mode it's looks like there is 3D grid and airplanes should able to go through the ring made of objects, but they always go on top. So multi-level work for bots and vehicles, but not for air. :(
  20. towerbabbel

towerbabbel Active Member

It means you have a fraction of a second more time to run away. If I got my math right the difference is:

[​IMG]