PTE build 75134-main (please post feedback and bugs here)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, November 17, 2014.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

yeah I think that abuse protection is a bit over the top.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

You should see my rig. ;~;
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Is there a new guard radius on the commnader? my commie went walk abouts earlier for no reason.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Thanks I hadn't noticed that... I've made a lava planet with a *proper* volcano on it... works a treat :D
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Are you sure you talking about new maps for ranked multiplayer?
    I really don't see how they might take more than 90 seconds to load.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

a common cause for me to get a disconnect while playing is my internet connection disconnecting. That can mean PA dies some "wtf disconnect" death. I then have to close PA, wait a minute till I get my connection back and then restart PA. So basically in general terms: 90s probably is enough to start PA and directly load into it, but if you disconnect while playing for a technical reason quite often that same technical reason will make put a delay on actually getting back into the game quickly.
    xankar and SXX like this.
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Oops, I'm totally forgot about internet connection issues. :(
  9. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Haven't got all the stalls yet. Found a stuck AI around 2:20, landing at 0:40

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 19.48.23 .png
    Quitch likes this.
  10. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

I've seen this happen a couple of times, but I can't debug it. There's nothing in the logs about someone trying (and failing) to connect. This means that the player you were matched with didn't connect to the game -- either because of a connection issue, the game crashing, or some other weird edge case.

Have you ever been in a situation where you clicked "Accept" but didn't get put in a lobby?
  11. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Map feedback:
    I think the lava map is a bit 'noisy' and needs some more loving attention

Positives:
    • The turtle heaven means t2 is viable. Although sheller spam is going to be heavily favoured over all other t2 units like never before.
    • The back pouches could create interesting teleporter gameplay, although as the meta evolves, i odn't think that's going to stay viable with the current map size.
    • Map is very slow and ponderous. Maybe in a way that allows players to feel like they are 'strategising'. Though I personally feel it's more a case of a long, slow death for one player.

Negatives:
    • No room to build much of anything in your spawn. This is one of the biggest problems on this map. There is so little room that it starts causing pathing and stuck issues from the tight factory placement this map forces you to make. There will be alot of commander pushing to the middle lane and games being decided simply over this.
    • Pathing issues created by the mountains which makes groups split up, get stuck etc. The over abundance of chokes doesn't really create interesting movement as much as it tends to frustrate it. People preferred clean planets for 1v1's because they wanted more control of their unit formation behaviour and less dealing with pathfinding. For example, metal planets are good because they are clean, yet have well defined chokes that arn't always in your face.
    • You only want chokes around the players safe expansion areas to provide natural defenders advantage and 'come back' potential (like metal planets), so you don't get players instantly steamrolled from the slightest disadvantage.
      You don't however want chokes all the way through the middle of the map. What that does is give the player who holds the center an even bigger advantage in that they cannot be cost efficiently attacked. This is not good because it creates very strong snow ball.
    • Chokes around the outer edge of the circle are too small, especially around the third non-player 'pouch' (east).
    • This map favours tank way more than duellist or zaphod, which were decently tank favoured already. I think you need to move metal ratio away from the lanes towards safer 'back cap' metal, as well as open up the map slightly to allow dox play. Currently you only want dox as boombot police.
    • Eastern lane is further away from the middle than western lane, but in a way that creates so much build space that it favours the player who is able to hold the deadzone inbetween east and middle. From there you can control both these lanes easily. Protecting base from west lane is super simple due to a very small choke.

Suggestions:
    • Increase the radius of the planet so there is more dead zone between players and less oh im camping your base already
    • Add more 'safe' metal points in places that are not in a direct line towards your opponent. These metal points need to be spaced such that they provide a smooth income ramp up, otherwise you have a weird playing map that doesn't flow. Currently if you were to lose your first fabber expanding out into the middle, it's almost gg right there because the other expansion pathways are really, really far and you're stuck on low metal income for a long time.
    • Decrease the number of paths/chokes between lanes, but also widen them. For example, from center to west, there are 5 choke paths (one of them even requiring you to go through two chokes), but all of them are death funnels.
    j4cko, rivii, Quitch and 5 others like this.
  12. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Not that i can recall no!
  13. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

That looks like a nav issue, not a stall. I will try to investigate it.
    Quitch likes this.
  14. wondible

p.s. screen shot was still in game mode, those were my mex outlines.
  15. wondible

Addendum to stable bug PA#3325. If gameplay keys are active at the same time as csg editing, both effects happen - though it's really hard to tell with the camera moving ;^)
  16. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

A bug that very annoying, especially in 1v1 is that the loser cannot talk to the victor, because the loser gets bumped to spectator chat, while the winner is technically still alive, so (s)he can't see the spectator chat. In short, after game over, the winner should be bumped to spectator chat as well.
    cdrkf, ViolentMind, Quitch and 3 others like this.
  17. cybrankrogoth

cybrankrogoth Active Member

Hi there, I have no pretty screenshots but I do have a nuke issue.
    Where the nuke continually spirals in a pentagon... well it circles a celestial body endlessly instead of going to target.

In my latest specific case, my planet was orbiting the (smaller )celestial body in question (moon)
    My target was a moon in a different orbit further away. Obviously never made it.

I'd like it if my nukes did end up flying into their targets :)
  18. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

That might be a good thing, since there are alot of sore losers out there.
  19. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Can someone confirm issues with gas giants in the system editor?
    For me, temperature doesn't change the planet's color, and changing size switches instantly to preview mode, but doesn't affect the size (aside from some graphical errors when making it smaller).
  20. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Hmm, now everybody is a sore loser, because they are unable to say well done or gg or something.