Units animations problem

Discussion in 'Support!' started by godhaj2, November 16, 2014.

1. godhaj2

godhaj2 New Member

hi
    i was experimenting with mods recently, after 50+ hours of vanilla i got bored, so i ended up with Statera.
    tried it and after some time I unchecked it in PAMM. since that moment, most of firing/repairing/building animations on groung units wont work - pelters and holkinses dont move cannon from default position, even though they can fire - missille will just appaer from rear for example. same for builders, tanks and lots of stuff. also i can no longer build orbital worker and orbital transport - its just missing in building three of orb. launcher so there is no way how to invade other planets. i didnt have time to explore all missing features but still should be most of it.

after i found out about this problem, i reinstalled PA (twice), reinstalled PAMM (twice) manualy deleted every folder remotely close to PA and reinstalled for the third time - no progress.

i do remmenber that when i was unchecking statera in PAMM, i got message about update 74525 or smthink like that, i didnt pay attention. my PA is version 74525 but dont know for how long - i cannot fing any intel on this update, so i dont know if the issue is related to the mod, update, game itself or my stupidity.

anyway thank you for any help

godhaj

(sorry for posting not in support section of forum, i found out too late)

2014-11-17_00002.jpg 2014-11-17_00006.jpg 2014-11-17_00007.jpg 2014-11-17_00012.jpg 2014-11-17_00019.jpg 2014-11-17_00037.jpg
    mjshorty and tatsujb like this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

good find. what system? could you attach a dxdiag? and quote the replay number?
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Mods live here:
    Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\
    On a typical install %LOCALAPPDATA% will be C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
    OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/
    Linux: ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/

There should be two directories in that dir. One for mods and one for server mods. If you delete those two folders all mods will be definitely gone. There is no other place pamm can put them. Alternatively, you can just go into those folders and delete the specific folder from there.

Strange though. Pamm is pretty stable stuff.
  4. godhaj2

godhaj2 New Member

ok, that works perfect, wiped whole \Local folder to be sure and the problem is gonne. it has to be somehow related to the mod, but i didnt find any mentions of this happening before.

also further research shows that animation problem is only affecting vehicles and artillery - simply just turrets - bots and air is fine (dont know how about umbrella and naval, didnt try it). on the other hand, missing units from orb. laucher seems unrelated to this, maybe mod collision...

anyway, everything is fine (for now) so thank you both for so fast response

godhaj
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I'm guessing you had Statera Galactic War edition enabled?

I'm guessing that'd be the problem but I have no idea why. Our anim tree paths are identical to vanilla. It could be a similar mod, but I'm not aware of any other client-side mods that overwrite vanilla unit.jsons.
  6. godhaj2

godhaj2 New Member

i didnt use GW part of mod, just server-side and icons
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Erm, I hope you meant you deleted the "Planetary Annihilation/" or the "Uber Entertainment" subdirectories and not actually the whole "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local". That latter contains many of the settings for many Windows programs. Not just Planetary Annihilation.
  8. godhaj2

godhaj2 New Member

you mean that could cause problem?..... just kidding:D
  9. godhaj2

godhaj2 New Member

so last two hours i was trying out every possible mod i could use before and i do owe an apology to Statera and its creators, its absolutely unrelated to my issue. problematic mod is Hide Fog of War of superouman, also available on PAMM. i will send him a link here, but i dont have any idea whatsoever can cause this, so its up to him to figure.
  10. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

That makes sense, hide fog of war shadows unit.jsons and sets the vision radius to a ludicrously high value.

I've temporarily disabled Hide Fog of War from showing up on PAMM until the problem can be fixed. If you are interested in fixing it yourself you can download the old version here:
    http://pamods.github.io/user_mods/HideFogOfWar_v1.0.zip

Psst @superouman

Now that I think about it, 99% of applicable scenarios for the mod can be covered by just shadowing the base commander, teleporter, and orbital fabber.
    Last edited: November 17, 2014
  11. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Thanks, i'll take a look at this.