Multi monitor?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Tormidal, October 12, 2014.

1. Tormidal

Tormidal Active Member

@jables, can you give us some word on much-requested features that you guys confirmed at one point, namely multi-monitor support?
    christer1966 and zihuatanejo like this.
  2. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I second this motion :)
  3. eyecu247

eyecu247 Member

I support this motion.
  4. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

Agreed gimme moar monitorsz!11111!!!!234

|I think there is way now to have PA on 2 monitors, but one needs 2 PCs for that.
    Small app called SYNERGY, it emulates mouse and keyboard on client PC. So your server PC can cast mouse and keyboard events to second PC. If you run PA on both in team game mode, you kind of have dual monitor.

And if we just could spawn slave PA game on second PC and have all the monitors used, together with multimonitor support. Well one can only dream.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

No you can mod it in right now with like 100 lines of javascript. It's gonna be a little hacky and not userfriendly to people who have never edited a js file. But it works since month.
  6. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

That is the problem, with hacky solutions. I rather wait for proper implementation and use my time to hack something else. But when there is dirty way implemented, there is hope for proper stuff in future.
  7. cola_colin

You started suggesting hacks :p
  8. eyecu247

eyecu247 Member

Use Eyefinity and run the game in full screen. It moves the side bar to the far right, and as I have 3 screens, is very annoying. Also the small window screen is out of the way. It makes it hard to keep track of things as you have to turn your head to see when you are used to paying attention with out losing focus on the main screen. I like I have a huge view of the game, but I would rather have the small picture in picture display on one complete screen.
  9. cybrankrogoth

cybrankrogoth Active Member

The moment I start getting amazed/ exasperated/ i can't think of the word I want to use at people having 3 monitors.
    Some guy with too much money to spare and an enthusiasm for PA will chime in saying he's got 9 24 inch monitors in a 3x3 grid on his wall waiting for PA's multi monitor support.

On a more serious note though, even if it is a bit hacky is someone able to direct my attention to implementing multi monitor for my duel screens? Picture in picture and 2 screens would be so handy during big games.
  10. cola_colin

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...ing-pa-pips-to-their-limits-and-beyond.56792/

the setup code is full of unnecessary stuff by now and I doubt the UI handling works, but the general concept is exactly the same, extracting the code to create pips + an external script to resize PA isn't that hard to setup.
    The pain is to get the UI only i.e. on the middle screen.
  11. cybrankrogoth

cybrankrogoth Active Member

Thanks. for some reason my ability to find stuff with searches is null and void.
  12. eyecu247

eyecu247 Member

To be "realistic", I don't have 3 screens for PA. I have 3 screens because of the work I do on my computer. Even at my desk at work I have 3 screens. And yes I use all of them. 60% of the time only two is absolutely needed, but the 3rd still always has something on it.
    I work in IT, and connect to multiple vm servers on my local network, or connect to my work pcs/servers from home. Some games just are better with 3 screens so it's a plus.