JUST CAUSE 3!!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, November 12, 2014.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

[​IMG]

First, to clear up any rumours:

From the Steam listing:

I am HYPED.

Also JC2 is on sale.
  2. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Nice, I enjoyed JC1 and 2, although I only did buy them when they were heavily discounted.
    Always loved the freedom of movement in those games.
  3. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I so hope they've seen how much people liked the multiplayer mod and add that in.
  4. Geers

Read the features list ya nub.

Ok, it says "community" features. Fair enough.
  5. kvalheim

NO U
  6. Geers

HA! TOO LATE! I EDITED MY POST SO I DON'T LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT WHO REALLY SHOULD BE SLEEPING RIGHT NOW!
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

*hype ensues*
  8. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

1322531048562.jpg
    SO MUCH HYPE!
    squishypon3 likes this.
  9. Geers

10. kvalheim

UM YES YES ALL OF YES.
    Just Cause + Burnout + ???? = ALL MY MONEYHZ
    tehtrekd and Geers like this.
  11. Geers

Why would they go for the extra effort?

...JUST 'CAUSE!
  12. tehtrekd

Holy ****, imagine if they somehow managed to work in the crash physics of Burnout.
    My money would launch out of my pockets at the speed of freaking light.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  13. tehtrekd

Really awesome video showing some of the development goals.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...ing-the-sandbox-gameplay-of-just-cause-3.aspx

Highlights:
    - World map not necessarily being bigger, instead it's the same size but more dense (presumably less copy-pasted content) instead of just cities and such there will also be caves/tunnels, sounds very neat!
    - Grappling Hook and Parachutes apparently weren't awesome enough to Avalanche, so they added a freaking FLIGHT SUIT. AVALANCHE STUDIOS DEVELOPER OF THE YEAR.
    - More serious story, but the game is still gameplay over story. The story missions are more or less just ways to teach the player different ways to use their tools
    - Sounds like they might be pushing for more modability. Custom weapons/vehicles?

Oh yeah, and one other tiny little thing, looks like we'll be getting DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENT.
    To quote one of the developers "(...)so you can imagine, being chased by a convoy, you can turn around and destroy the entire bridge that they're on behind you and the whole thing will crumble and shatter beneath them. That is the scale of destruction we're after."
    Geers likes this.
  14. Geers

Whenever I played Red Faction I was always saying to myself "man, imagine if this was in Just Cause", and now it will be. The devs seem to know what they need to do to make the game better, I'm very impressed.

Does anyone think the game could benefit from a couple of RPG elements? Remember how Just Cause 2 had those little challenges and stat trackers? I think if you used those for XP gain that can be spent on health/weapon/vehicle skills or something it would be pretty cool. Hunting for armour shards and stuff got kinda tedious after a while.

15. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Just Cause 2 is my favorite game ever. Sorry PA. I'm going to be playing this instead of Star Citizen.
  16. tehtrekd

That'd be way cooler than the collectibles thing. Maybe even do what Saints Row did to respect and make chaos the xp instead of the mission currency.
  17. Geers

18. tehtrekd

You know, I just thought of something - you know how Just Cause 2 had those district takeover missions for factions?

Well, what if that was applied in JC3's multiplayer into a Planetside 2 sort of thing.
    Wouldn't that be the coolest ****? Just imagine a couple hundred players causing chaos in enemy territory and attacking enemy strongholds.

Military bases in the world can be used to spawn in helicopters/tanks/ACUs, airforce bases can spawn in planes and all that good stuff, minus the microtransactions.
  19. comham

comham Active Member

JC2 wasn't as good as I was lead to believe, but it was still pretty good. Here's to the future of Mercenaries clones.
  20. Geers

[​IMG]

10/10