Uber Communication

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bombanater, November 10, 2014.

?

Do you think Uber has lived up to there promises of greater communication with the fanbase?

1. Yes

102 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

You have used up all hotbuild keypresses, to continue using hotbuild sponsor a tournament here :p
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

You just can't help but make fun of us, haha! X3

Btw: It's Statera; not Stratera, but I can understand the mistake, it's surprisingly common. :p
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I'm more concerned that I noticed he'd spelled it wrong. This is the end.
  4. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Due to my disability. I am putting a easily twice the amount of effort in order to put my ideas down. Don't you dare tell me that I'm not putting effort into my writing. I use some assistive technology one of them being Dragon NaturallySpeaking in order to write. One of the things it does is mess words or put down a similar sounding one. I do proofread but I may miss some things.:mad: On topic, is top-notch only to a small fraction of the player base or community. If their goal was to regain peoples trust in them they're going to have to make a more concerted effort at that.:)

edit: there's a reason I don't spend that much time writing on this forum. It took me roughly an hour and a half to write this post. If I do it means I care a lot.;)
    Fair enough. If they really want to gain peoples trust back. Its easily seven times the amount of effort required than maintaining it. If they ever go back to kickstarter I want to see the campaign succeed but they're going to need to put the effort into it that is required. Posting a short-term roadmap to the next build only on the forum doesn't cut it. it should be tweeted, posted on PA's blog, Steam announcements, etc. This forum is not the entire audience the message must be communicated to the entire player base is reasonably possible.:)
    But what happens if it poll is extended to the wider community? Would you go the other way? Personally I believe it would be in the affirmative. Poor communication upon Uber's part. (perception does matter);) It has steadily improving there is room for greater improvement upon their communications.:D
    Last edited: November 11, 2014
    lapsedpacifist and squishypon3 like this.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

This is especially true given prior Uber comments that effectively detailed how not only are we an incredible minority of the overall player base but we("we" as in the members of the forum) also do not accurately represent the targeted demographic either.

Not that the communication is bad, I'd say that in terms of contextually useful, accurate and up to date information Uber has done better since Jables took over compare to any other time during PA's development. Which is great, but if we are a small minority that doesn't accurate represent PA's intended player demographic then it's a mistake to have the only outlet for that communication be these forums.

I'd say that the majority of people still here aren't the people that need convincing, at this point it's mostly a nice little bonus for them. The people that need convincing are the consumers sitting off on the sidelines waiting to hear/find/receive that crucial piece(s) of info that will push them over the edge into supporting PA for the first time or coming back to PA.

It's great that Uber has been actively working on improving PA and now willing to showcase that fact in a much better/convincing manner but if they they want it to continue to be a successful business venture for Uber I can't help but think that not spreading this info outside of the forums is a mistake.

Mike
    Last edited: November 10, 2014
    lapsedpacifist, paulusss and lokiCML like this.
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I've been reading it as Stratera this entire time. I need new eyes.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Haha, don't worry about it, like I said it happens sooo often.

It actually means balance in Latin. :D
  8. lokiCML

I absolutely unequivocally appreciate the effort Uber entertainment has put in to PA.:D Uber constant shooting yourselves in the foot; throwing the baby out with the bathwater it is infuriating. By stating that PA is done when it was released is one example of this. Trust and goodwill was thrown out the door when Uber Ent states things like that. You guys have a arduous road ahead of you to rebuild what you have lost.:( All the best wishes.;)
    This is excellent news and keep up the great work.:D Now what about a biweekly or monthly newsletter stating your short-term or long-term goals or both? The largest audience possible via say KS updates, Steam announcements, PA's blog, etc.;)

edit: whoops, I should've mentioned this. Any roadmap should emphasize KS commitments like co-op for galactic war or multi-monitor support.:oops:;)
    Last edited: November 10, 2014
  9. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The "Current working update"-thread by jables is biweekly.
    Quitch likes this.
  10. lokiCML

The problem with it it is only on this forum and only the forum knows about it. Which is what I have been arguing against doing in this entire thread. It needs to get out there to the widest audience possible. They have improved their communication on the forum but nowhere else.;)
  11. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

so and what is stopping us other than our own unwillingness to spread it?
    cptconundrum and proeleert like this.
  12. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

We can't do Kickstarter updates for starters. :) (Or Steam, I guess)
  13. lokiCML

Nothing but we can't do all of Uber's public relations. They have to put in their own footwork as well. From my experience generally people don't believe you in less your Uber or evidence proving what you're saying. Sometimes you're slandered which is not a good thing.:(;)
  14. MrTBSC

you can easily go and open a thread in steam like you do here .. so no biggie ... ks realy is the only place cant put up updates ourselfes ... but the thing is ks isnt the best place to reach more people ... reddit, youtube steam sure are ... if you can deal with the toxic cauldron of the so called community there that is ...
  15. lokiCML

We can't but Uber entertainment can and at the moment they are not choosing to use those avenues for in-term roadmaps or other status updates.;)
  16. MrTBSC

you dont focus on people who dont believe you .. you focus on spreading info making people curious to read about pa with the newest stuff it gets ... you want as many peops to try it as you can get ....
    lokiCML likes this.
  17. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Yes bro get people to try an anti-adhd medication.
    optimi and squishypon3 like this.
  18. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Original KS backers are probably a minority of the player base by now. All Jables' recent updates are on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/search/?q="Dev post"
    They are quoted from Jables and include a link back here; they've never been questioned as far as legitimacy, since it's trivial to see it is true. From what I can see the same is true of reddit also. I'd rather see the devs spend more time on the game than on something that the community has shown it is already willing to do.
  19. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I think they can do better with communicating. How about a 24 hour Uber stream with camera's hanging all over the office. If they're working on something then we immidiatly can figure it out.

On a more serious note.
    I think Uber is doing really good. We should be thankful for Uber and especially @jables updates.
    Bsport likes this.
  20. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

i love jables with his road-maps and everything, but like couple months before and right up to launch people are like "Um...Uber...you going to say anything? whats going on? your game isnt ready you know....maybe hold off on it? ect..."
    its gotten much better, but with the launch so unfinished it hurt many peoples opinions of uber's fan freindly and visibility that they had during alpha and beta
    TLDR: Gamma Screwd everyone over