[GUIDE] Getting your mod on PAMM

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, December 30, 2013.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

@emraldis
    Whenever you update, change the version number in the modinfo.json. Then submit the url to the zip as before.
    yarmond likes this.
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

all right, cool. thanks.
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I've moved this thread to Released Mods and stickied it, so it's right next to the PAMM thread.

Attention modders:
    Start including the following parameter in your modinfo.json file:
    update_description (string): A description of the changes made in the latest version of this mod.

PAMM does not support this parameter (it will just ignore it), but PA Hub will utilise it. It lets people see what they're getting when they are updating, without relying on reading the relevant news item.

Being re-thought. But watch this space :)
    Last edited: October 31, 2014
    stuart98, wondible and LavaSnake like this.
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Interesting. But I don't think I've ever seen a package format with an update in the main manifest. Would it make more sense to read a changelog? We'd need a standard for how to define an 'item'. Or maybe just a link to the changelog, and the application could display it on demand?
  5. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

or embed a changelog array in the manifest. Lazy and useful!
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

That could work too. I could then filter it to show just the changes for the versions between what you currently have, and the latest one. But that might/will get bloated. I'll withdraw the request to modders while this gets pondered some more :p
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Even worse. That would make the manifest:
    - what it is
    - how it's changed
    - the entire history of how it's changed
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Thanks for this! It would be helpful to add how to remove your mod from PAMM, and perhaps mention using GitHub releases to make zips for linking rather than the master archive.
    Raevn likes this.
  9. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Now that news items in PA Hub support tags, I'm adding a "news" link to content (alongside forum, install, etc.), which takes you to the news feed and filters it for just that content. As long as authors add news entries when they release mods, people can see the history of that mod's updates (much like steam).
    proeleert likes this.
  10. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

11. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

What's the error you get?

Edit: Also, you have an extra comma after "priority: 100" in your modinfo.json
  12. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

I go to https://pamm-mereth.rhcloud.com/mod and enter the Dropbox URL and press go, the error says: Your mod must be packaged as a zip archive. Unsupported content type: text/html; charset=utf-8
    The OneDrive link generates the same error.

It is most definately a .zip file, with the proper .zip file extension, I'm doing this on Windows by the way, not sure what's going wrong.
  13. DeathByDenim

Yeah, it's DropBox giving you the runaround with their fancy redirecting and stuff. Browsers do that transparently for you, scripts do not. I forget what the right way of doing it for DropBox was though. Maybe change the "?dl=1" to "?dl=0" or just remove it altogether. I can't remember.
    (By the way, remove the extra comma in your modinfo.json, eh?)
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

May I request removal of my mod, NavalReduxIcons, from PAMM, upon updating NavalRedux to 1.51< and removing the need for an icon mod.
  15. thetrophysystem

May I also request... well...

Idk, it seems that updating my GitHub in fact updates the mod in PAMM (because it changes the file in the link that is still used).

But, it seems that updating my mod in my GitHub, doesn't change the expected version number for PAMM. How do I change the newest version number for PAMM to expect from the mod?
  16. DeathByDenim

There is separate json on the server that ever pamm downloads on start-up. You need to resubmit for that index to be updated. The server doesn't continuously download all of the mods to check if they are updated fortunately. :)

By the way, you can "unpublish" through the interface as well. It's a bit counter-intuitive, but you do so by submitting the mod again, so it can identify which mod you want to unpublish.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  17. thetrophysystem

So, I should resubmit NavalReduxIcons... to bring up the screen to disable or republish...

And I should resubmit NavalRedux except for version 1.61... to update or disable or replublish...

Gotcha... Actually, this isn't that bad at all. Pretty cool system, thanks!
  18. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

There is another counter-intuitive way to bring a mod in pamm-server to disable it, by using the identifier instead of a download url.

And if someone with the appropriate English skills would like to make a more educational "package & publish" chapter, maybe people would stop considering using direct links to the master branch as a sane solution. Because I feel a bit like the guy which had to add in microwave manuals that you should not dry your pet in.
  19. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Last edited: February 6, 2015
  20. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Created a 1v1 map pack and have no idea how to put it on PAMM, Here is the file, you can open it and take the pas files and put them in your systems folder if you wish.

Attached Files: