[WIP] PA Community Hub

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Raevn, August 25, 2014.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Cool, that was fast. I guess you do have a functioning debugger of sorts. :)

Yeah, that works. Also, you silly Windows people with their backwards backslashes. Forward is the way to go! :)
    Incidentally, the forward slashes also apply to Mac, for which I haven't tested yet. For that I need to pry the MacBook from a Mac-person's hands. Not an easy task!

Ok, next problem (still on Linux). :)
    Pressing the launch option results in the following on the console:
    Code:
    [7935:1103/224700:INFO:CONSOLE(1253)] "Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function", source:  (1253)
    xdg-open - opens a file or URL in the user's preferred application

Synopsis

xdg-open { file | URL }

xdg-open { --help | --manual | --version }

Use 'man xdg-open' or 'xdg-open --manual' for additional info.

Attached Files:

2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Mostly I just knew the code, saw what the last entry in the log was and eyeballed it from there. There is a debugger though (the standard chrome dev tools).

Yeah, I've changed them all to forward now. Not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that :confused:

Going to need your help on this one, as I can't reproduce. Edit the file /home/jarno/Projects/atomshell/resources/app/main.js, and remove the comment from the line "mainWindow.openDevTools();". This will open the chrome debugger when you next launch PA Hub.
    In the debugger, go to the sources tab, and open the tree on the left (under "file://") until you get to assets/js/pahub.js. Put a breakpoint on line ~150, or the start of the launchPA function. When you run PA Hub, attempt to launch again and see if it gets there or not.

Just confirming your PA app is located at:
    /home/jarno/temp/PA/PA
  3. DeathByDenim

Yup, that's my executable. When I step through the code, it seems to call
    Code:
        shell.openExternal(path.join(constant.PA_STABLE_DIR, "PA"));

correctly, but it complains about xdg-open in the console when it does so. It turns out that openExternal is meant for URLs (and openItem for files). I have no idea why Windows would allow you to run exe's that way. Under Linux (and likely Mac, untested), it gives a security error running xdg-open in a terminal directly. I found the solutions though. You need to add this to the top of pahub.js:
    Code:
    var child_process = require('child_process');

And then use the following to launch PA:
    Code:
        child_process.exec(path.join(constant.PA_STABLE_DIR, "PA"));

You'll need to use that instead of the shell.openExternal in the launchPA function, that is.

By the way, atom-shell keeps running after launching PA. Is that intended behaviour?
    Raevn likes this.
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Excellent, I should have a new version out shortly.
    Edit: It's out.

That is intentional, yes. If nothing else, those with multiple monitors can have PA Hub open on IRC chat on one window, and PA running windowed in the other.
    Last edited: November 4, 2014
  5. DeathByDenim

Neat, it auto-updated on Linux. I noticed you tried to not get the PTE dir if it's on Linux, but you made a tiny mistake. Line 506 of pahub.js should be
    Code:
            if (constant.hasOwnProperty("PA_PTE_DIR") == true) {

You had PA_STABLE_DIR instead.
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

D'oh. That's what you get from coding with little sleep and a blood/caffeine level of 99.99.
    Edit: There's a bit of hackery going on at the moment, which is why these sorts of bugs are present (other than the obvious reason, stated above :p). The first goal is getting it all working on the various OSs; once I know that's all ok, I plan to do another pass on it again to tidy it up.
    Last edited: November 5, 2014
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Update - 05/11/2014
    Focus of this round of updates is bugfixes for linux and an overhaul of the News functionality.

Note: Due to a bug, plugins are currently not re-loading when updated, so updates are not immediately visible. Until this is fixed, please restart PA Hub after updating any plugins.

PA Hub (v0.2.2)
    • Update to visual styling of Launch & Exit buttons
    • Bugfix: Launch & Exit buttons now respect the minimise sidebar setting
    • Bugfix: Fix for Linux incorrect check for PTE dir
    Mod Store plugin (v0.2.2)
    • Bugfix: fixed error if no PA installation was found
    Community Plugin (v0.3.0)
    upload_2014-11-5_22-28-1.png upload_2014-11-5_22-28-10.png upload_2014-11-5_22-28-24.png upload_2014-11-5_22-28-51.png

• Displays a message stating news is awaiting approval once submitted
    • News items can now have tags
    • Tags that match content IDs are automatically shown as the content name
    • Tags can be clicked to filter news to only show items with that tag
    • News feed re-styled
    • User names are clickable to view Uber profile on the forums
    • News items can now be assigned a category (changes what Icon is displayed)
    • API: pahub.api.news.addNewsItem and pahub.api.news.displayPreview now have news_tags & news_icon parameters
    • API: pahub.api.news.setFilter(tag) added
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  8. DeathByDenim

Found a bug! I noticed the secondary colour mod stops working when I use pahub. The reason is that it still uses the old style of specifying scenes. That is, "settings" and "new_game" are in the root, not in "scenes". Is the former method deprecated now and this is a bug in the mod, or is it a bug in pahub for not taking into account the old way.

Also, I've noticed that the mod "com.pa.pahub.mods.client" is not at the top of the list in mods.json. That means a mod could potentially shadow ui_mod_list.js. (Maybe it should be bottom, I forget). Not that this will ever happen in practise, but better safe than sorry, eh?
  9. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Not intentionally deprecated, I just forgot that this changed. I guess the question is, should it become deprecated?

Looks like there's a bug in there - I was doing "<defined priority> || 100", but the defined priority was 0, which equates to false, so it was becoming 100.
  10. DeathByDenim

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. The older mods will break if you don't. On the other hand, I wonder how many of the really old mods still work? In my opinion, it's prudent to just allow the old behaviour just to be on the safe side. Which reminds me: Will pahub get a way to flag mods that have broken?
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Yeah. I'll add in support for the old method.

That's an excellent idea. Would a simple number (tied to a version, so uploading a new version would reset it) be sufficient? Or would that not be a useful figure? There's also the concern that even a single "flag" would deter people; so method of determining a useful visual representation of this number should also be considered.

Alternatively, should it be behind the scenes? As in, flagging it logs it somewhere that can be seen, and then that information is used to see which are broken; those could then be added by some kind of "content admins" group to a list once verified, which PA Hub would use to mark content which doesn't work. This requires manual intervention though.

Or is there another way you can think of for how this should work?
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  12. DeathByDenim

Heh, not my idea though, but I forget whose it was. Anyway, I like your idea of a content admins group. I doubt there would be even one mod per week that gets flagged, so manual wouldn't be overwhelming. Well, apart from when you first introduce it and people will flock to it like they did with getlocalization.com. Darn helpful people. :)

You might even want to pop up a text box where people can describe what broke for ease of confirming the broken behaviour. Confirmed broken mods could then be disabled or marked as broken in pahub.

Unfortunately, there are several levels of brokenness. For example, my favourite colour mod is now broken in the sense that secondary colour selection is no longer supported by the PA client (UUUUUBER!!!). However, selecting the primary colour still works fine. So would it be flagged as broken? It is, but it's also not, if you understand what I mean. How to handle that? I don't really know. Probably best to flag it as broken, but still allow people to use it, maybe.
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

There will be a group to authorise new news items also (currently just me :cool:), so it could be the same group.

What about a generalised feedback mechanism then, rather than flagging? This could include suggestions, feature requests or bug reports for PA Hub itself, too.

I reckon a common definition of broken could be determined, such as "can break the UI due to errors, or fails to add any additional functionality". The example you describe probably wouldn't be included in that definition, which is OK, since it still has some use (as long as the parts that don't work don't cause any issues). Marking as broken shouldn't utterly prevent the mod being used in any case; there should always be some way of overriding it and enabling the mod.

BTW; this will all be done down the track, as it's not a huge priority right now (except maybe the feedback part, as that could be useful earlier on, but the remote list of broken mods part).
  14. DeathByDenim

Well, they can use the relevant forum threads for that. :)
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Hey, I am trying to install this. Shame on me for not doing so earlier, but personal life and all, 2 jobs now and what have you. But, you say to place the PAHub folder into the resources folder of Atomshell. Well, what resources folder :confused: I have atom, chromium, docs, script, spec, tools, and vendor. Do you mean atom/common/resources? There is already a /mac folder in that resources folder, do you mean that one, or do you mean make a atomshell-0.19.0/resources new-folder? :oops:

Also, might I recommend that the "selected mod's display" show perhaps the last 2-3 posts from the forum thread that the mod references in the modinfo.json? That would also give some appropriate feedback on if the mod currently works.
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

What is the name of the release you downloaded from the atom shell site?

On Mac (assuming from your mention of /mac) the app folder (from the pahub archive) should end up in:
    Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app

so it should appear as:
    • Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/index.html
    • Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/main.js
    • Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/package.json
    • Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/assets/...
    • Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/...
    Last edited: November 6, 2014
  17. thetrophysystem

?

I downloaded from links in your second post in the very beginning of this thread instructing on installation. I am not using mac either btw.

I have an empty folder, PAHub. I moved the first link, atom-shell-0.19.0 into it. I have pahub/atom-shell-0.19.0 now. Inside that, as it came with, I have...

PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/atom
    PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/chromium_src
    PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/docs
    PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/script
    PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/spec
    PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/tools
    PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/vendor

I HAVE NO: PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/resources ...as I would expect to have in the instructions "place the PAHub into the resources folder of atomshell".

I do have:
    PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/atom/common/resources

Inside there is also...
    PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/atom/common/resources/mac

Do I put PAHub (your second link in step 3 of installing PAHub in your 2nd post in this thread):
    1) inside of a newly created folder, PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/resources ?
    2) or inside of existing PAHub/atom-shell-0.19.0/atom/common/resources ?

Upon answering this, also consider clarifying by editing your second post. Thank you for your support :p I am an idiot.
  18. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I think you have the wrong release, try this one: https://github.com/atom/atom-shell/releases/download/v0.19.1/atom-shell-v0.19.1-win32-ia32.zip

The instructions definitely need updating; you aren't the first to do this :(.

I'll also try to get some proper installers going soon.
    thetrophysystem and Fr33Lancer like this.
  19. thetrophysystem

Please replace 0.19.0 with 0.19.1 download links in the original install instructions thread meanwhile. This in fact works and resembles greatly the structure of PAMM. Thank you for the help. Best of wishes.

I have it installed and running.

-The news works.
    -The chat requests javascript required to run IRC. Do I need IRC and or javascript and or does this work at all yet?
    -The forums is blank, no text whatsoever. Is something wrong or does it work yet at all?
    -Content Hub works.
    -Log and settings... appears to work? Not that I am very understanding of it, I doubt I really need be.

Several things, like community hub, request update. Do not have required dependencies, suspect it needs pahub >2.1 which I am unsure how to update. Log says PAHub 2.0 and newest version is 2.2. My solution was to go to your github and get the newest version and manually replace the app folder with the new version's app folder. Now using 2.2.

The PAHub for me will refuse to create active downloads. I clicked update community plugin, it says downloading plugin. 5 minutes later, still says it, nothing has shown up under active downloads, any clue why? Also, deleted community plugin and tried installing from content hub, still won't create the active download. The following is all I get from the log tab:
    03:27:17.258
    [INFO]Detected architecture: ia32
    03:27:17.259
    [INFO]Detected platform: win32
    03:27:17.276
    [INFO]Planetary Annihilation Installation directory found
    03:27:17.276
    [INFO]Detected Non-Steam version of Planetary Annihilation
    03:27:17.279
    [INFO]Planetary Annihilation Stable Build: 74525
    03:27:17.281
    [INFO]Planetary Annihilation PTE Build: 74416-main
    03:27:17.287
    [INFO]Found Core Plugin: 'com.pahub.content.plugin.settings'
    [INFO]Found Core Plugin: 'com.pahub.content.plugin.contenthub'
    [INFO]Found Core Plugin: 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.plugin'
    03:27:17.500
    [INFO]Refreshing local content for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.plugin'
    03:27:17.592
    [INFO]Found 6 new content items for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.plugin'
    03:27:17.604
    [INFO]Plugin 'com.pahub.content.plugin.community': enabled
    03:27:17.612
    [INFO]Plugin 'com.pahub.content.plugin.settings': enabled
    03:27:17.615
    [INFO]Plugin 'com.pahub.content.plugin.contenthub': enabled
    03:27:17.618
    [INFO]Plugin 'com.pahub.content.plugin.log': enabled
    03:27:17.624
    [INFO]Plugin 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.mod': enabled
    03:27:17.630
    [INFO]Plugin 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.plugin': enabled
    03:27:17.959
    [INFO]Refreshing local content for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.mod.client'
    03:27:17.961
    [INFO]Refreshing local content for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.mod.server'
    03:27:18.128
    [INFO]Found 68 new content items for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.mod.client'
    03:27:18.152
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.wondible.pa.acceptance': enabled
    03:27:18.158
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.burntcustard.bEfficiencyBoxFix': enabled
    03:27:18.162
    [INFO]Client Mod 'info.nanodesu.blackscreenfix': enabled
    03:27:18.168
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.burntcustard.bShowSecondaryColour': enabled
    03:27:18.172
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.conundrum.cEnhancedSystemPreview': enabled
    03:27:18.184
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.mods.thirdparty.byAuthors.ZaphodX.and.iceDrop.circleToLine': enabled
    03:27:18.192
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.client.ClassicColors': enabled
    03:27:18.197
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.conundrum.cLobbyRenamer': enabled
    03:27:18.201
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.pahub.mods.client': enabled
    03:27:18.206
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.stuart98.ableprogenitor': enabled
    03:27:18.212
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.stuart98.darknights': enabled
    03:27:18.218
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.stuart98.stateraicons': enabled
    03:27:18.223
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.stuart98.uberbullets': enabled
    03:27:18.230
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.client.NavalReduxIcons': enabled
    03:27:18.234
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.conundrum.cShareSystems': enabled
    03:27:18.238
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.superouman.CustomSkybox': enabled
    03:27:18.241
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.DeathByDenim.dPlayersInServerBrowser': enabled
    03:27:18.245
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.DeathByDenim.dShowOffline': enabled
    03:27:18.252
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.stan_petit_cul.EcoEff': enabled
    03:27:18.256
    [INFO]Client Mod 'info.nanodesu.EcoEffv2': enabled
    03:27:18.260
    [INFO]Client Mod 'fr.mereth.pa.allgames': enabled
    03:27:18.264
    [INFO]Client Mod 'fr.mereth.pa.twentyfour': enabled
    03:27:18.271
    [INFO]Client Mod 'fr.pa.fr33lancer.TeamCommExplosionColor': enabled
    03:27:18.274
    [INFO]Client Mod 'fr.pa.fr33lancer.TeamCommLandingColor': enabled
    03:27:18.279
    [INFO]Client Mod 'fr.pa.fr33lancer.TeamTeleporterColor': enabled
    03:27:18.283
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.someonewhoisnobody.inGameBrowser': enabled
    03:27:18.299
    [INFO]Client Mod 'info.nanodesu.kodef': enabled
    03:27:18.303
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.LavaSnake.ProfilePicFixer': enabled
    03:27:18.307
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.maxpowerz.maxTinyPoles': enabled
    03:27:18.313
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.mauru.mEventHandler': enabled
    03:27:18.317
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.MushrooMars.MushroomarsRainbow': enabled
    03:27:18.321
    [INFO]Client Mod 'info.nanodesu.nScreens': enabled
    03:27:18.325
    [INFO]Client Mod 'info.nanodesu.pastats': enabled
    03:27:18.332
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.xedi.pixelicons': enabled
    03:27:18.336
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.dementiurge.planetpreview': enabled
    03:27:18.340
    [INFO]Client Mod 'local.pownie.pamod.lobbycountdown': enabled
    03:27:18.344
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.raevn.rblueprintinfoframework': enabled
    03:27:18.353
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.raevn.pamm.rsettingsmanager': enabled
    03:27:18.357
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.client.cheat.server_browser_show_cheat_servers': enabled
    03:27:18.363
    [INFO]Client Mod 'net.sirscruff.sirHighlightedBuildings': enabled
    03:27:18.367
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.superouman.SpacedOutDefenceTowers': enabled
    03:27:18.374
    [INFO]Client Mod 'net.orfjackal.pa-spectator-vision': enabled
    03:27:18.380
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.wondible.pa.steal_my_password': enabled
    03:27:18.386
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.dementiurge.subduedbooster': enabled
    03:27:18.394
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.trialq.tCustomBuildBar': enabled
    03:27:18.397
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.trialq.tDidYouKnow': enabled
    03:27:18.403
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.rcix.teamBuildColor': enabled
    03:27:18.407
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.client.teamlathecolor': enabled
    03:27:18.414
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.trialq.tGWDeck': enabled
    03:27:18.419
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.trialq.tGWLoadout': enabled
    03:27:18.424
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.trialq.tGWSpeedHotfix': enabled
    03:27:18.430
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.moldez.transicons': enabled
    03:27:18.437
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.wondible.pa.version_warning_once': enabled
    03:27:18.443
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.conundrum.cGGButton': enabled
    03:27:18.448
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.conundrum.cPlanetNameThemes': enabled
    03:27:18.455
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.LavaSnake.CustomUnitNames': enabled
    03:27:18.462
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.mauru.mAdvancedSelect': enabled
    03:27:18.485
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.raevn.rfloatframe': enabled
    03:27:18.490
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.danzel.teamspeak': enabled
    03:27:18.497
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.conundrum.cSketchJS': enabled
    03:27:18.503
    [INFO]Client Mod 'pa.wondible.linger': enabled
    03:27:18.507
    [INFO]Client Mod 'com.pa.raevn.rcommanderhp': enabled
    03:27:19.402
    [INFO]Found 8 new content items for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.mod.server'
    03:27:19.405
    [INFO]Server Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.NavalRedux': enabled
    03:27:19.410
    [INFO]Server Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.SimplyLess': enabled
    03:27:19.414
    [INFO]Server Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.TeamComBuilder': enabled
    03:27:19.417
    [INFO]Server Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.UniversalUnity': enabled
    03:27:19.420
    [INFO]Server Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.cheat.allow_change_control': enabled
    03:27:19.429
    [INFO]Server Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.cheat.allow_change_vision': enabled
    03:27:19.432
    [INFO]Server Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.cheat.allow_create_unit': enabled
    03:27:19.434
    [INFO]Server Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.cheat.allow_mod_data_updates': enabled
    03:27:20.557
    [INFO]Refreshing online content for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.plugin'
    03:27:20.565
    [INFO]New version of Plugin 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.mod', Local:0.2.1, Online: 0.2.2
    03:27:20.566
    [INFO]New version of Plugin 'com.pahub.content.plugin.community', Local:0.2.0, Online: 0.3.0
    03:27:20.773
    [INFO]PA Hub current version: 0.2.2
    03:27:20.773
    [INFO]PA Hub latest version: 0.2.2
    03:27:20.816
    [INFO]Refreshing online content for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.mod.client'
    03:27:20.897
    [INFO]New version of Client Mod 'com.pa.conundrum.cShareSystems', Local:1.4.7, Online: 1.6.3
    03:27:20.916
    [INFO]New version of Client Mod 'com.pa.raevn.rcommanderhp', Local:3.2.0, Online: 3.3.0
    03:27:20.917
    [INFO]New version of Client Mod 'com.pa.raevn.rfloatframe', Local:1.2.3, Online: 2.0.0
    03:27:20.956
    [INFO]New version of Client Mod 'com.stuart98.stateraicons', Local:1.0.0, Online: 1.25.0
    03:27:20.958
    [INFO]New version of Client Mod 'com.stuart98.uberbullets', Local:1.1.0, Online: 1.2.0
    03:27:22.072
    [INFO]Refreshing online content for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.mod.server'
    03:27:22.158
    [INFO]New version of Server Mod 'com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.NavalRedux', Local:1.15.0, Online: 1.14.0
    03:27:31.023
    [INFO]Removing 'com.pahub.content.plugin.community'
    Last edited: November 6, 2014
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Can you attach the log file? It includes further verbose & debug information.
    It should be in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\pahub\pahub-log.txt
    (You can also see this information within the log tab by clicking "Show verbose information" & "Show debug information", but the output won't fit within the character limit of the forum)

Also, can you extract the attached zip into the atom shell directory, then run the atom.cmd file? Then try installing some content again, and copy + paste the content of the extra window that appears (this info is not yet captured in the log).

Attached Files:

• atom.zip
      File size:
      122 bytes
      Views: