Digital Artbook Download Testing

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, October 15, 2014.

1. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

That Forest Biome.. UBER! GIVE ME! HIRE ME, TELL ME HOW TO and i'll make it!
  2. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

@doud "And by the way, reducing unit size would have solved the problems if it's about small relative scale of planets."

I agree. I would like to understand why they couldn't just reduce the unit size, and increase unit move speed so that the now large (relative to the now smaller units) planets wouldn't take too long to traverse.

Sometimes it seems like Uber are just making excuses for not doing things.
    xankar likes this.
  3. zagra

zagra New Member

I would've loved if the artbook had more concept art, but oh well. It is really cool!!
  4. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

The artbook is fantastic! Very cool.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Best 70 image desktop wallpaper ever.
  6. fuzzels

fuzzels Member

I am getting the same issue indeed: @garat please check that out.

PS: Running both google analytics (why the peep does google need to know I have an uber account and what the details are: the JS runs *in* the page and can read the page...) and Pingdom tracking stuff is really strange. Note that these get properly blocked by Disconnect.me. Which actually might be the reason why it does not work as then your javascript fails on the page.
  7. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Awesome!
  8. Planktum

Any update on when this will be available for us Steam Early Access plebs?
  9. bellum45

bellum45 New Member

When I disable the addon HTTPS Everywhere from Firefox I can download the artbook.
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

These files are kept in simple Amazon S3 buckets. If you're having download problems, it's almost definitely something your browser or router is doing. There aren't really many settings we can change, and it's one of the more ubiquitous ways of getting files to people now, so seems unlikely there's an issue with Amazon's file server. I hope!

We're hoping in the next day or two. Due to how Steam data is passed, we had a few extra PlayFab steps to do that weren't required with direct accounts.
    Planktum likes this.
  11. Planktum

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.
  12. fuzzels

fuzzels Member

Before my below rant I'll state: I like uber (they gave me PA :), so don't worry, just noting these _concerns_ here in this thread titled ".... TESTING".

It is not S3 that is messing it up here, it is the javascript in the Keys page that is broken and thus does not pass the correct value to S3, which then rejects the request with the error message noted by others already.

Seems you have currently three different tracking sites there:
    * Google Analytics
    * Royal Pingdom
    * KISS Metrics

All three of which are properly blocked by both Ghostery and Disconnect.me. The world already is tracking way too much of what one does on the Internet.

And really, even passing my username to KISS Metrics is pushing it a bit far..
    Code:
        <script type="text/javascript">
            _kmq.push(['identify', 'fuzzels']);
        </script>

I know folks like tracking, but you could just check the server logs if you where interested in if I clicked on something instead of marking down every single property that you can get...

As all that tracking crap breaks (as the destination URLs are blocked). Your javascript that 'loads' the keys also comes later.

Now you could argue "just let us (and google and pingdom) track you, then you can download stuff, but that is a bit much isn't it? (Also, I recall something about PA no DRM, which is in a way related to this.... but lets not go there ;)

Simple solution: do your tracking crap at the end AFTER you have done your own code.
    Or better solution: ASK people to opt-in. Noting that in Europe there is a law against that.... (hint: see again note above, just a hint...)

PS: You will want to upgrade "modernizr-1.7.min.js" to something more ..... ehmm... modern, like their 2.8.3 version which is actually current and does not break in various ways on actual modern browsers.
    lokiCML, cola_colin and Quitch like this.
  13. fuzzels

fuzzels Member

Yep that is another part of it. Cut & Pasting the URL in the right spot of the following with https changed to http again:
    Code:
     wget -O "PA_Art_Bundle.zip" "http://d785vvacw6ct4.cloudfront.net/4/PA_Art_Bundle.zip?Policy=..........."

Does the trick too.

Thus the other factor is that that handy-dandy HTTPS button was not enabled.

Now that I have actually seen the artbook though I can state that I am very happily awaiting the hardcopy edition of it.

Also I am sure that the government agencies reading along as that unencrypted cloudfront URL does not want to do HTTPS will be happy with the design schematics after they used my Policy-ID + key to fetch it ;)
    Quitch likes this.
  14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Download is working for me. =3

I would like to add that all the trackers really annoy me, too. I can't think of a reason why we need them. 0_o
    lokiCML likes this.
  15. deadhawk112

deadhawk112 New Member

any news on the steam update that should give the artbook to steam users. or anything with the steam version of this?
    Planktum likes this.
  16. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

17. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Is the Steam Art Book released now or still not? I am Very eager to download it and check that awesome stuff..
    Planktum likes this.
  18. Planktum

@jables An update on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks
  19. jables

jables Uber Employee

I have been told it should be located on your account under "Digital Downloads": https://store.uberent.com/Account/MyKeys
  20. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

That is not the Steam version of the artbook, pure Steam users don't even have an Uber account they would know of.
  21. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

They do have a Uber account or are not able to use the online features of PA.;)
    - http://support.uberent.com/kb/faq.php?id=4

Usually it's done automatically but if something goes wrong they have to manually do it or have none of the online features.;)

- http://support.uberent.com/kb/faq.php?id=35