Layoffs at Uber today?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Zainny, October 29, 2014.

1. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Or maybe less Armchair CEO and more Armchair Moderator...
  2. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Let me answer that for you, those who delight in putting others down or their work are unhappy with themselves and since they are miserable, everyone else has to be.

now on topic, anyone losing their job is never good, best wishes to those affected by this.
    GoodOak likes this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I am not that trigger happy xD
    But I can see your points. I myself can get quite angry about this kind of thread, I am sorry, it just is beyond me why there are people who seem to want a good PA, but at the same time spent most of their time complaining in an outright negative way.
    devoh, harrierx, proeleert and 3 others like this.
  4. jables

jables Uber Employee

The loss of jobs is a horrible thing. We are helping to get everyone relocated currently. I will update with a full thread in a day or so as we get things more in line.

Also, yes Cheslea worked on SMNC and did Megabeth. She does rad stuff. (sorry for bad iphone pic, but Megabeth standie is too cool to not post)
    [​IMG]
  5. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

I've reached a stage personally, where I think there is a need to call out the trolls, the overly negative people, the people who offer nothing but hate, un-construction criticism, these people tho offer nothing to the community. These people have only one goal to make sure PA/Uber fail, I think its time we simply tell them to **** off.
  6. felipec

felipec Active Member

Thanx for the headsup. And next time be sure to get a good Android device so you can take good pictures ;)
  7. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Where oh where is the dislike button?
  8. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

Yeah I can't say I'm super comfortable with the idea of this thread becoming the occasion for speculation on Uber's future as a whole. It seems super uncool to do so when somebody, possibly with bills to pay and dependents to support, loses their means to do that, if only in the short term. Can we just wish them the best for the future and take the speculation elsewhere? Obviously people post what you want to post, but it makes me really uncomfortable to see this one still rolling.

Thanks to @jables for the cool pic tho!
  9. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I think I have a crush now :p
    Remy561 likes this.
  10. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

So you're going to stoop to the level of trolls (there will always be trolls) and bully and troll someone because you don't like them?

Classy.

That's called breaking the forum rules. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean you're justified in bullying and trolling others.

Don't stoop to that level and don't feed the trolls. If they break the forum rules, report the post. If you don't like them? Ignore them. If you disagree with them? Respectfully respond why you think they're wrong.

Doing what you're suggesting only creates an echo chamber of blind followers and a community of bullies and general toxicity.

Don't become a troll, no matter what you think of others.
    wilhelmvx, bradaz85, cdrkf and 3 others like this.
  11. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

Respectfully, your wrong.

So what your saying if i come to your community and spill nothing but hate, misinformation and bad vibes you wouldn't ban me, well thats useful to know.

Also the very fact that you wouldn't say "well thats enough, its not acceptable behaviour" Surely that very stance leads to pretty nasty communities, echo chamber's of negativity.
    Last edited: October 30, 2014
  12. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

There are some people around here (they know who they are) that claim to like this game when they are asked directly but who always manage to find problems and complain about them endlessly. Uber is very much aware of the problems with this game and is working hard to improve it. It's a great game though, so I'm disappointed to see such a coordinated effort to attack it at every opportunity. The unrest in this community has not gone unnoticed by outsiders that would otherwise buy the game. Most of those people would probably have a lot of fun, but are turned away by the negative atmosphere here.
    Last edited: October 30, 2014
    FSN1977, harrierx, Quitch and 2 others like this.
  13. brianpurkiss

I never said I wouldn't ban you on my forums. Never said that at all.

I said you shouldn't stoop to the level of a troll.

Leave the moderating to the moderators.

Don't be a jerk, bully, or troll like you are advocating.
    wilhelmvx, cdrkf and cmdandy like this.
  14. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

So your advocating that someone those wrong shouldn't be confronted, because if you confront them you might come across as a jerk, bully, or troll.....
    Abaddon1 and elodea like this.
  15. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Modern school rules.

Huehuehuehue. :p
    cptconundrum and Bsport like this.
  16. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I suppose most important question for this moment: is @sorian still with us? :(
  17. brianpurkiss

I'm not saying they shouldn't be confronted. If you actually read my post you'd see that I actually encouraged you to engage in civil discussion. Stop putting words in my mouth. Why does everyone keep on saying I said things when I didn't?

However we shouldn't "tell them to **** off" as you put it since that is in violation of forum rules.
    cdrkf and cmdandy like this.
  18. cptconundrum

Now you know what it is like to be a game developer! :D
  19. brianpurkiss

That hasn't happened much with PA.

It's mostly been Uber changing their minds and not telling anyone.
    cmdandy likes this.
  20. cptconundrum

There have been many times that a community member would just start talking as if something had been confirmed because he heard an Uber employee mention once in a playtest or something that they would like to try something.