Intelligent group pathing

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by void2258, October 20, 2014.

1. void2258

void2258 Member

It would be really nice if, when I select a mixed group of land and air units, the air units would wait for the ground units instead of charging in at top speed. Then maybe I could have coordinated attacks instead of one air attack followed quite a while later by a land wave.
    corteks likes this.
  2. corteks

corteks Active Member

Would be cool to have some kind of key modifier, or an interface button, that tells units in a control group to keep together. That way you could select the behaviour on and off.
  3. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like you are basing your losses over lack of a coordination. Why not just send the air units in later?
  4. void2258

void2258 Member

Why should I have to make up for a flaw in the AI? It's not 1995; there is no excuse for not doing simple AI optimization. This is supposed to be real time STRATEGY, not real time click really fast.
  5. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

'real time click really fast' is all down to how 'fast' a user moves. Compared to my grandad, you would play this game at a formula one speed. Why should we limit ourselves based on your inability?

An option is fine, it should not be forced.
  6. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

what glove set is that?
  7. corteks

corteks Active Member

In my profile pic? Just some cheapo set I got off of eBay eh. Multicoloured LEDs with a few different modes, was a while ago so don't have a link but they aren't too hard to find with a search.