PTE build: 74416-main

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, October 27, 2014.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

୧༼ ◯益◯ ༽୨ AND I RUINED IT!!! ୧༼ ◯益◯ ༽୨
    Clopse likes this.
  2. foxzorz

foxzorz New Member

Hey guys, captain lurker here,

I think I speak for all the other lurkers here when I say excellent update keep this up!

This is rapidly becoming my favourite game of all time, I've spoken in the past that as a software developer following you guys as the engine evolved was fascinating and blew me away as the rate of work was insane in comparison to how we operate at my current employment.

The weight of the updates and the frequency and lack of bugs in each release speaks volumes about your internal processes.

Massive, massive respect. If you guys ever need a Java/ GWT developer, I'll pay YOU to work for you xD Just kidding... but seriously. Hire me.

Loving it. Jables, you ******* rock man, I've been playing FA since I can remember, I think my head exploded when I saw they had brought you on board for this. You and Brad combined is pretty much the developer PR dream team.

I think I'm as much in love with the game as I am with watching your company push forwards these days, the game is becoming seriously awesome and on a professional level I look at what you guys are doing and drool, so hard.

You guys work your fingers to the bone but are so in love with your product, I have career envy right now.

Hmm. Too much Whiskey.

Goodnight!
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Here's an almost invisible bug. When the game ends, i.e. only one comm remains, the winner cannot see the chat by the losers. Since the losers can only use spectator chat, the winner, being still alive, can't see their chat. I just noticed it when I managed to get a game against Brad in the livestream. I didn't see Brad's text after having won, although from the livestream archive, I could see that he in fact had typed.

This means you cannot review a game together. That's bad! When the game is over, everybody should be in spectator chat.
    LmalukoBR, Fr33Lancer and cwarner7264 like this.
  4. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

Good to see the important things are being picked up quickly :)
  5. felipec

felipec Active Member

Played 3 ranked games.. 2 vicotries and 1 loss! Working GREAT so far for me.

Great stuff
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Forgive me if this has already been answered somewhere, but do the PTE ranks get reset when the stable build arrives?
  7. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

I got obliterated in all 6 of my placement matches and it's bronze for me. :)

Good work, uber team!
  8. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

74416-main has been pushed to PTE. It includes:
    - A number of additional server crash fixes
    - Update to localization tags that were showing up
    - Gaf system has been removed from 1v1 Matchmaking
    - Removed Game Count / Players in Game stats
    - Fix for building MEXs over MEXs
    - Added a re-queue button to the end of matches and make sure provisional ranking status shows up the first time you play as well
  9. wondible

wondible Post Master General

74416 also gives new_game_ladder it's own mod scene.
    cola_colin likes this.
  10. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

@BradNicholson said in his stream that rankings would persist from PTE to prod... Can someone confirm that?
  11. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

@jtibble yeah I confirm that he said that.;)
  12. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

I got 3 wins and 2 losses, and got gold, i logged off and came on later to see i had silver.....whaaa....?
  13. doud

doud Well-Known Member

@garat @jables This is the best possible proof that i can trust Uber : You keep working on PA, adding new major features and not only fixing bugs. Thank you so much for this.
    Remy561 and thetrophysystem like this.
  14. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Right now the update to your rank can be delayed. At the end of a game the rank you see is often the rank you started the game with and not your new rank. Even after you return to the main menu it might still show the old rank. This is something being worked on.
    ace63, mjshorty, Remy561 and 2 others like this.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Well, you changed it. Improved? That dialog is a little small :p
    [​IMG]
  16. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

17. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

NICE!
  18. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Nice and all, but why did you remove Game count and players in game stats (i really liked that) :(
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think they showed wrong values.
  20. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Shame they fixed the Mex over Mex 'feature'. I thought it was pretty neat to build Advanced Mexes ontop of regular ones. They meshed together pretty nicely.