Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Oooh. Well, that's just silly. :)
  2. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

The PA Offline Mode bug on Windows 7 should now be fixed \o/

It seems that starting PA.exe inside bin_x64 directly instead of the PA.exe "forwarder" in the parent folder avoid this issue.
  3. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

It doesn't "default" to that, but it "remember" the last tab opened : client or server. I always wanted to add a tiny delay for that, to avoid people passing through the server tab to see the server mods instead of client mods, but I never took the time to do it.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It would be cool if the automatic submit process would rewrite the date of the mod. I think the one mistake I have done by far the most often in this process is screwing up the date in one way or another.
  5. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I got a grunt task to write the correct current date in modinfo.json :)
  6. nlgenesis

nlgenesis Member

Hello!

Great work on PAMM. I really liked it while it worked.

As of today however, I doesn't seem to work anymore for me. When it (PAMM) starts I see the grey background with some drop-down menu's (or something like that) for half a second, but then everything disappears and I have an empty Window. I tried minimizing / resizing, as it looks like a silly drawing error, but to no avail.

To be clear: PA itself works fine.

Any advice?

EDIT: I already tried re-installing; turning it (PC) off and on again; installing latest PA update.
    Last edited: October 20, 2014
  7. cola_colin

Maybe you have some broken mod installed?
  8. fdsa12

fdsa12 New Member

halp me! i keep downloading PAMM.msi, try to launch it and it says "Pamm.msi cannot be found in C:\Users\****\downloads\PAMM.msi, please make sure you typed it in correctly blah blah blah upload_2014-10-24_13-35-58.png ive tried 5 times now. HAAALP MEEEEE!!!!!!!!
  9. fdsa12

fdsa12 New Member

oh wait, just restarted google chrome (i downloaded it using that) and everythings fine :D
  10. superkiller9000

superkiller9000 New Member

When i try to install PAMM it says ' Error writing to file C:\*****\Appdata\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\pamm\pamm.exe Verify that you have access to that directory Even Tho i am a Adminstrator. Help Me!!!
  11. nlgenesis

nlgenesis Member

I renamed mods.json so PA doesn't load any mods. I started PA, and indeed, it hadn't loaded any mods. Then I quit PA.

Still, the PAMM manager flashes content for half a second, and then becomes an empty window. See screenshot.

Attached Files:

12. nlgenesis

nlgenesis Member

I ran PAMM.exe from Windows command line, and saved the output to this text-file. I don't see any error-messages in it though...

Attached Files:

Last edited: October 28, 2014
  13. reemik3

reemik3 New Member

Hi !
    I have just intaled PAMM and when i run it, this was show :
    "Non-ASII characters found in C:\blabla\appdata\local\uber entertainment\planetary annihilation. Sorry but planetary annihilation is known to not work properly with unicode characters".
    What means unicode ? What I should do now ?
    Thanks for help :)
  14. cola_colin

You have some username on windows that contains characters that are not withing a-z.
    So i.e. russian, chinese, etc.
    That isn't supported by PA. I don't know a fix though. Maybe rename your user account on windows if that is possible or create another one with a fixed name.
  15. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, the "fix" is to make a new user account and run PA and PAMM from your main account using the "Run as..." functionality in Windows. Even the guest account supposedly works. The real fix would have to come from Uber or Coherent Labs. I'm still not sure who's to blame. (Well, apart from the English of course for using such a small portion of the alphabet. :) )

Vote for the bug: PA#3041
  16. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

17. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

18. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

@stuart98 !!!
    Edit: I beat github into submission this morning, so I broke it then... /joke
    Honestly though, its down...
  19. cola_colin

Did he find a way to break it? :D
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

It broke after he submitted a mod.