I hate Galactic War

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nestar2, October 14, 2014.

1. nevr0n

nevr0n New Member

Offline mode definitely works for GW.

I quit playing PA until Offline mode came out, I was tired of things running at 1/4 the speed or worse. Now I'm back to playing GW again and it doesn't run like dogshit now.

My last battle was against the red AI - 1v4 with 4 moons with tons of metal. I had no orbitals either.

I nuked the crap out of every Halley that was sighted. I could have nuked the comms too but instead I sent down 3 engineers, built a few anti-air and a gate and poured in tons of vehicles.

Was a bit odd though, once the AI completes a Halley, I thought usually it would register on the UI that there were Halleys built there. but I did not see that this time. Only saw it for my own.
  2. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

It's not funny how customers expect fully developed features on a released game which has met Ubers standards to a point where they want your money for another game.
    Shwyx likes this.
  3. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It's the crowd funding model, you pay for what you want to see developed, or not.
  4. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

But why would a rational mind put money down for a game when the companies previous titles have left their audiences underwhelmed?
  5. igncom1

Uhhhhh, you wouldn't.

Which is why I can't understand the complaints, if you don't like it, then seriously don't pay anymore.

That's the point of the crowd funding model.
  6. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

OK I don't really know what we're arguing about now. We seem to be in agreement that Uber releasing PA early has damaged their chances of HR getting backed.
  7. igncom1

Probably yeah.

They still have a right to persue new ventures, they are a business after all.

But yeah, they get what the people want.
  8. classic1977

classic1977 Member

I don't play any of those games. They are all crap, and were criticized for the reasons you enumerated. Why are you comparing PA to crap? There are plenty of awesome games that are released FULLY without any bugs or dlc... Last game I bought was Torchlight 2. Released when it was done, and with no dlc.
  9. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

None of them are RTS´s that realy bring something new to the table ....
  10. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

Game is in RELEASED state, they even repeat this on HR kickstarter. What was fine for beta/gamma, does not look well for released game. I just draw the line here, released means all features are in, major bugs fixed, some minor left. But PA is nowhere near it, in current state it deserves "solid beta" tag, and nothing more.

"Galactic Wars" part of PA looks like alpha build, this with water units is most unpolished part of game. Like somebody codded it, and its left at first pass waiting for better days.

Don't get me wrong PA is (or may be someday) great game, but for some reason they released it very early. Now everything and everybody suffers because of it. I know "ready when its ready" is a luxury, but Uber went all way to the opposite side of it.
  11. igncom1

Galactic War is the 3rd attempt at creating the mode, the previous 2 being overtly complicated as resulting in the redesign.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  12. nestar2

nestar2 Member

Just include a Save Game for later use with your incredible ChronoCam which should be a revolution to all previous games. Now it is still of not more use than SCII Replay Mode ... good copy.

I am still in Hate Mode cause I backed this game with dollars and hope. Both are now gone.
    Going to load an update in a few months but I think nothing will be changed cause devs have open ears and closed minds.
  13. immorhys

immorhys New Member

Save game woulda been nice, 45 minutes into a GW match and get 'Connection to server lost'

Play that mission again? Most GW matches are a pointless rush of whatever one good unit you have anyway, doing that exact thing again is not a fun game.
  14. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Not really, save games through chronocam was always the intent. It's just not ready yet.
  15. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Galactic War is tricky because PA lacks "basic tactics tutorial" such as "how to do an Asteraeus landing" and "which commands are area commands and which are not".

It could do with a touch of the rebalance, that is true; Arkyd should come as standard with Orbital launcher, but I wouldn't call it broken, nor would I call it bad

A proper Astraeus landing should be prepared with maybe 30 t1 fabbers, 40 spinners, and whatever else you damn well please

Your aim isn't to conquer the planet in one move, but to set up your teleporters and static AA defences long enough to move your main force through; hence the T1 fabbers. I'd set them as control groups so groups 1 can be building gates whilst 2 and 3 are working on AA

And to effectively USE the Astreus; the load command can be and SHOULD be used as an Area command, but that is not ever made clear in game

I'm not sure what to say about server issues; I've never had them since release
  16. nestar2

nestar2 Member

Galactic War is much better, since I started this thread.

There are a few things left which are not so good but at least Galactic War is playable and not a frustrating thing anymore.

Also I have to admit that the changes to Orbital layer was for the best (building Gateways are enabled, you can have your orbital fighters and even a radar and Anchor (which is absolutely necessary to hold your space)).

So after a long time Planetary Annihilation is playable for people who do not want to play Multiplayer.
    davostheblack, Quitch and cdrkf like this.
  17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

UHHH BOY THAT NECRO!

yea it IS definitively more enjoyable now ...
  18. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

And it's a positive one!
  19. nestar2

nestar2 Member

not so good to ask in an open forum but i am too curious what does "that necro" mean?
  20. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

ressurecting a thread long after it has been buried and forgotten :p