Simple easy balance changes to fix the current balance

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by gabbsc2, October 16, 2014.

1. hanspeterschnitzel

hanspeterschnitzel Active Member

One fix for naval balance perhaps: There should not be laser turrets, pelters etc on sea. Just no. The artillery of the sea should be the ships themselve, not some buildings floating on ballons.
  2. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I find that somewhat interesting. Maybe not quite so extreme, but a culling to only sea-specific fortifications perhaps. Just some anti-air and torpedo for example, no pelter and laser.
  3. hanspeterschnitzel

hanspeterschnitzel Active Member

Anti air and torpedo is okay, because that also worked in Supreme Commander. But not laser turrets or artillery.
  4. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Dox slowed down a bit. Most of what makes them so crazy in 1v1 is their speed.

It's also kind of a shame that T1 base defenses suck, for the price. There was a time in PA's past where T1 defenses were so good that every 1v1 turned into artillery creep but now I think we're so far in the other direction that most people simply don't build any. Single laser turret cost should probably come down or health go up and maybe increase turret rotation speed.

I've mostly stayed away from 1v1, preferring FFA, but now that I'm trying it out more with the ranked matches, I just find T1 to be too 1-dimensional. There aren't enough viable choices and it's mostly down to unit maneuvering.

In FFA I always wondered why people wasted time jinking their units and now I know! They probably learned all their PA skills in 1v1 and those mostly don't apply in FFA on larger maps where strategic choices almost always trump tactical maneuvering. (And yes, I'm rated "platinum" so I'm not entirely awful 1v1. It's just not that interesting even when I win.)
    igncom1 likes this.