eXodus eSports

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zaphodx, April 12, 2014.

1. dusanak

dusanak Member

Wow 26th April is my birthday. What a coincidence. I was wondering, how can other players get invited to your tournaments (by other I mean different from the most widely known players). Will there be any open tournaments for other players to show their qualities and such? I was also wondering, whether there are also going to be any tournaments of teams instead of singular players. Anyway, you are making a wonderful job and I hope that you will keep it that way.
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Think its best to make a name for yourself, come to irc and play some games, show that you are a good player etc. Download pa stats and play some ladder games. All people invited i'm sure will come from these lists.
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Our first tournament to make it easier for us is an invitational but we will be having events that are much more inclusive for other players including open sign ups! Recommend you still do what Clopse advised and get in with the players in the IRC to hone your skills using pastats :)
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Oh, smart *** short cheese guides! Let me try to make one!

1) Make an Orbital Fabber
    2) Build 5 SXX assisted by all ground fabbers
    3) Change orbits and move from planet to planet on top of enemy commander
    4) ???
    5) Profit!
  5. thetrophysystem

I can't find streaming links.
  6. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Twitch symbol in the Follow Us section at the bottom of the front page. They should make it clearer though.
  7. thetrophysystem

Should be a tab.
  8. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Yeah very work in progress guys. Hoping to put some more stuff live soon.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  9. thetrophysystem

Also, that is only ZaphodX? Wouldn't hurt to add more twitch streams.

And, in case you are asking, if I am big on twitch and PA then why don't I already have a library of these guys? Answer, is I am but am also lazy and have no preestablished network. Twitch Channel advertizements keep outside of this thread please and thank you.
  10. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

We didn't have room for a community stream page yet, but it might be coming later together with community video hub. There is no reason why we couldn't have some sort of a list of PA streamers on our website later.

The reason Zaphod's twitch is advertized and will remain to be advertized is that he is the only main channel we have now and we want to direct our viewers there. This might again change in future as we might introduce a universal eXodus stream, but I have no further details or ETAs for you.
  11. thetrophysystem

Oh, I am not harassing. I was just suggesting I was expecting this, and that you could benefit from having a this.

Not suggesting ripping off Brian, but the concept is pretty mundane, if people can put links to their twitch stream in their signature with an online-offline status, there is no statue of copyright on a tab with a page with twitch stream listings and status. Just have a row of streamers, their stream page, and online-offline.
  12. thesambasti

thesambasti Member

I've built a less ugly (and more dynamic) version of this for PlanetaryStrastegy. Since the content that would have originally gone there is now going to eXodus, expect something like that available soon.
    Martenus likes this.
  13. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

6 months since the creation of Exodus soon! Any special plans?
  14. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

If Uber have let us run servers by then, I want to see all the clan wars teams facing off at the same time in a mega system comprised of all their home systems in one place.

Zaphod might have an aneurysm trying to cast though.
    Alpha2546, pieman2906 and cdrkf like this.
  15. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I think a massive game for all the clans could be awesome, though you'll have to tone down the map a little. There is a hard limit of 16 planets in a system which cannot be bypassed at the minute (it's down to how the textures are stored). Still a 16 planet 4 v 4 v 4 v 4 v 4 v 4 would be epic. We should probably have 1 caster covering each team (as 1 caster trying to cover it from every perspective would be almost impossible).
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  16. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Yeah, realistically a few very large planets with small orbiting moons would work much better. The combo systems idea just sounded hilarious.
  17. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

18. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

Yep. Until we have real space battles with battlestar galactica invasions, orbital transfers should be kept to a minimum. As I said in the Megabase thread, I feel that systems with more planets than players per team are a bad idea. We are just lucky that the clans are very aggressive and micro-happy, but just wait for a battle in which all the planets become fully colonized and the metal planet has been knocked out of commission, and you'll see what the word boring really means.

Exodus should also seriously consider cdrkf's suggestion. I think that Clan Wars should be capped off by an all-clan match on a system of Exodus' making. As things currently stand, there is no climactic game, as in a real tournament. The season will probably end with a whimper, not with a bang. The winner will have become obvious long before the last match, and that's anti-climactic, so a supergame would be the perfect way to counter this. Throw all clans in one system at the same time, and give 0 points to the first to get knocked out, then 1 point to the next one, 2 to the next, and so on, and finally 5 to the winner. This would make the last game very dangerous for the season favorite, because a win by the second- or third-runners could upset the result.
  19. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

It's also a more rounded way of judging the skill of a clan. This way, the end result would take into account both a clan's team vs. team skill, and their skill in an FFA scenario, so that the winner could really boast they are the best of the clans.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think from a viewers point of view a single big planet is better. Orbital play tends to get stale and that combined with low sim speeds is just boring to watch.