Offline Play Seemingly Broken[Windows]

Discussion in 'Support!' started by theaylon, October 10, 2014.

1. theaylon

theaylon New Member

As of right now (Build 73737 of live, available on steam) offline play appears to be bug riddled. My PA.exe is acting like it can't see my server.exe . Every time I try to run any single player object or instance, PA.exe locks up and, if given enough time crashes out on its own. All but once has it crashed out, and that one time it said it couldn't connect to the server. I'm frustrated to say the least, and would appreciate some assistance in debugging the matter.
  2. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Hello,

Can you please post your Dxdiag.txt file so that I can diagnose the problem?
  3. theaylon

theaylon New Member

Here you are

Attached Files:

4. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Your system looks fine to me. Just to clarify, is the crash a "PA.exe has stopped working" error or a "Server.exe" error?

If it is the latter, do you have any Bluetooth software? That is known to prevent players from starting the local server. Info:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/how-to-fix-some-server-exe-crashes-windows.65040/

Also, what third-party software are you running?
  5. theaylon

theaylon New Member

In relation to pa itself, none. it's actually a pa.exe has stopped working, it's like it simply cant launch the server.exe and or find the server.exe to bind itself to, BTW updated to 73823.
  6. robber364

robber364 Member

I am also having this issue. I go to start a skirmish with AI, and it freezes on the loading splash screen with no text.
  7. theaylon

theaylon New Member

Are you launching Via Steam?
  8. robber364

robber364 Member

Yes, I was. interestingly enough though this issue has resolved itself since I posted that.
    fickle thy name is PA
  9. theaylon

theaylon New Member

There was a patch to V. 73823. Perhaps that solved your issue