Offline play working great - Well done Uberent !

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by pabear, October 9, 2014.

1. pabear

pabear New Member

I just played a team game against the AI and the performance improvement is noticeable.
    The Crhono cam is also responding much better especially when moving the time cursor forwards & backwards - it was worth waiting for the offline play :)
    elodea likes this.
  2. moonwerewolf

moonwerewolf Member

What, you have it? I still haven't gotten the patch.
  3. pabear

pabear New Member

Your have to use the PTE setting in your profile - it is not available in the stable setting yet.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Use the PTE, PTE has Had it for a whole day. :p
  5. moonwerewolf

moonwerewolf Member

I didn't even know it was a PTE setting, sadly the patch is 1Gb, which is a bit too big for my bandwidth at the moment :(
  6. moonwerewolf

moonwerewolf Member

I think it's because I need to download the whole PTE client, since I have never used it before
  7. pabear

pabear New Member

Don't you have any free time like between 12:00AM- 06:00Am I habe happy hours to download anything without using my available megabytes ?
  8. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

Oh the irony!
    radongog likes this.
  9. wondible

wondible Post Master General

For the Uber Launcher, if you can find a 'stable' directory with PA in it, copy that to PTE with PA in it, and then the update should be around 300mb.

I've never tried PTE on Steam, so I don't know if it will handle the incremental update the same way.
  10. pabear

pabear New Member

Happy hours meaning free to download anything without ISP charging you for it - sorry my explanation is not the best :)
    squishypon3 likes this.
  11. moonwerewolf

moonwerewolf Member

Afraid not, so I have to wait for the stable version.

Guess why I have been waiting for the offline mode :p
    radongog likes this.
  12. pabear

pabear New Member

Yeah maybe this is the way they call it in Africa :)
  13. moonwerewolf

moonwerewolf Member

Thanks, not as good as 50mb, but a lot better then 1Gb ^^
  14. squishypon3

I have one too, from 11pm through 6am, only redeeming quality of my Internet. :p
  15. valheria

valheria Active Member

The server EXE crashed when i used the metal planet laser on a planet.. So it just paused right after the beginning of the explosion : \ Performance improvement is massive though it.. Just wish they fix the bugs first
  16. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

What is the late game gameplay like for those that have played it on the PTE offline? I'm thinking on any half decent machine the performance would be 10x fold because your no longer restricted to bandwidth speed, just ram cpu and graphics card. Is there much slowdown with 2k units? 4k units? playing against multiple AI? any info I would really appreciate it
  17. squishypon3

I played on a Quad core 2.3GHz CPU and 4GB of RAM. Very smooth.

It's not actually limited by graphics card, as servers don't use graphics cards, only CPU and RAM. :p
  18. vackillers

well for me I have an AMD FX 8320 8 core @ 4.2ghz and 16GB of RAM but still lagged massively for the game coz of my internet. So i'm hoping to never see that kind of lag unless there is just simply an insane amount of units and stuff going on at once... for most games it should be smooth even in late game without needing time dilation but wanted to see how other peoples performance was, see I'm just gonna wait till its officially released, rather than the PTE.
  19. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

Glad to know I'm not the only one running that sort of setup :)
    Mines 2.6, but its also 4-5 years old now. I am running a geforce gtx 650 though.
  20. switchblade7

switchblade7 New Member

Good to hear it's working out for you. I switched to the PTE on Steam and activated offline. Performance is like 50 % worse so I switched back and wait for the official release.
  21. vackillers

try using the uber launcher instead.. sounds like they haven't fixed the steam perfomance issue since alpha, PA used to have major issues with the steam overlay