Offline Play Is Coming October 9

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, October 7, 2014.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Not to mention:
    "Arrggh unit cannon!"
    "Arrggh shields!"
    "Arrggh experimentals!"
    "Arrggh saves!"
    "Arrggh moar unit cannon!"
  2. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Yeah but all those are minor imo. People seem honestly annoyed about saves, which is fair enough, but I don't get it.
  3. Geers

Saving is just a thing a game is expected to have these days. It's like making a game with no QWERTY keyboard support.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  4. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Someone remind me.. could you save skirmish or campaign games in Forged Alliance?

Can't remember now.
  5. Geers

Yes. There was a whole "aah scary seraphim" campaign.
  6. mymothersmeatloaf

mymothersmeatloaf Member

I'm not even talk about the update dude, I'm just talking about the human resources kickstarter.

This update was literally just to shush the community about pa.
  7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I'm sure the fact that they've been working hard on it and wanted to release it as soon as they could had nothing to do with it :rolleyes:
    websterx01, Remy561, Quitch and 4 others like this.
  8. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

l2gamedevelop
  9. mymothersmeatloaf

mymothersmeatloaf Member

If any of you haven't realized already,

This is uber in a nutshell.

-releases kick starter of an awesome game.
    -game get's released, development starts to slows down.
    -release new game idea, def stop development on last game.
    -starts getting bad PR, starts realizing that they're not going to make any significant money for their new game.
    -for the first time in a long while, they actually decide to tell the community a certain update is coming.
    -Oh boy that will sure make everybody kickstart our game now!

It's a massive trap that a lot of people are falling into, and are even forgetting that there are so many other things they haven't released yet, or given any info on.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yeah they even randomly decided to hire a new person to work on improving the community interactions.
    <sarcasm>I am sure they hired him within less than a week.
    Just like they probably made the server release ready within a day after they suddenly realized they'd need it now for real.</sarcasm>
    Quitch, Fr33Lancer, pizwitch and 5 others like this.
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

There's been an average of two builds per week since release. Slowed down how?

So the builds are creating themselves, since Uber aren't working on them?

Why are you posting things that are so obviously false?
    iron71, cwarner7264, Quitch and 7 others like this.
  12. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

lucidnightmare likes this.
  13. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Jeez people are still hating on Uber. I'm a bit wary, but I don't go out of my way to constantly bash Uber.
    It is human nature to make mistakes and Uber is consists of humans not autonomous machines (At least I think this is the case). I've made mistakes, you've made mistakes, Uber has made mistakes and everyone has made mistakes. Hopefully they continue to learn from their past mistakes just like most of us do. Heck Uber have only released 2 games, they aren't the equivalent of a huge publisher such as EA which has published hundreds of games (a majority of which are crap due to them being obvious cash grabs). You can't prove that Uber is evil and out to scam you just from the mistakes of their past 2 games.
  14. mymothersmeatloaf

mymothersmeatloaf Member

Step 1: quote logical post.
    Step 2: proceed to insult commentator with a video.

Listen, it make more sense then you think and I'm not the only one who could have possibly come up with this.

Within the past few days, there has been nothing but hate on this forum, and the fact they are just NOW releasing the update tell you wonders about their strategy.

They're basically just giving this update for the game to make people shut up and believe they'll actually finish their product.
  15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

No one's denying that the timing of this is beyond coincidence, but saying that they were abandoning PA before the KS tanked is complete bs and you know it.
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This was you just Friday. You were raging they didn't do the DRM free thing. Here it is.

You are just coming up with the next thing to complain about.

Or to be more specific, you were WRONG. You LIED about Uber LYING. You are a LIAR. You are NOT TO BE TRUSTED. How can I trust Uber to complete the server, and they do so, but NOT TRUST YOU, because you LEAD PEOPLE WRONG?

0/10, don't trust PA haters, gtfo.
  17. planktum

planktum Post Master General

18. mymothersmeatloaf

mymothersmeatloaf Member

The game isn't even being freed of drm, they're just adding an offline and lan feature to it, until they come out with dedicated server, it isn't truly drm free.

but that's besides the point, there are many more reasons, and the game being drm free only scratches the surface.

I've actually stated this multiple times in multiple posts.
  19. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

The game will be free enough to sell it through GoG IIRC. That is pretty free.

If you are a liar about them holding DRM, then you are a liar about them not developing everything else. They will develop it so they promised. They were right and you were wrong about the server, they will likely be right about everything else and you will likely be wrong. Get un-trusted, its the food you tried serving and it's still nice and warm, nom nom?
    Geers likes this.
  20. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Personally, I just think you'll never be happy.

1: Constantly complain of the lack of offline.
    2: offline is implemented.
    3: Get mad over offline being implemented.

I don't even.

I mean, of course you assume it was some evil marketing strategy, I mean for all we know they just released an unfinished offline mode to the public, because people wouldn't stop begging for it.

I mean, there's absolutely no way they released it early, because people complained? No this was their plan all along, make it seem like they'd never release it, then release it after receiving terrible PR. Not just because of the terrible PR, hoh no, but because it's a clever way to "look like they're still going to update PA"

You make such terrible accusations, and for what? No seriously, why? Do you actually want the things you keep complaining about, or are you doing it for the sake of doing it?

Some people will just never be happy, no matter what happens.