Cast Your Matches!

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by brianpurkiss, August 18, 2014.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Hey! You did that thing I suggested! Good job!

And then you stopped...

:oops::(.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Not everyone has forum accounts. I've not tagged people in some videos because they didn't have an account to tag.

Also, right now I'm on vacation so I'm lazy and on my iPad. So I can't open multiple windows to get their names and tag them.

And again, not everyone has forum account. Especially since I'm doing more of these community submitted casts, a lot of them don't have forum accounts to tag.
  3. Geers

Oh right. That makes sense.

>says he's too lazy to do something
    >puts in the energy to repeat himself.

:p
    mishtakashi likes this.
  4. brianpurkiss

Yeah. I'm being lazy. Vacation is pretty great. I'm just being lazy. I'll do it more later. I'm just being lazy, that's all.
    mishtakashi likes this.
  5. Geers

I see what you did there...
  6. brianpurkiss

7. brianpurkiss

8. brianpurkiss

9. brianpurkiss

10. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Very late on this.. I didn't even know it was casted :p but my forum name is Rivii and not battlebearx ^^ ty :D
  11. Geers

12. brianpurkiss

Because I am burnt about about everything Uber Entertainment with their lack of communication, their pulling of resources away from the unfinished PA, and with how they are so proud of "completing" Planetary Annihilation. In Uber's eyes, PA is complete and the Kickstarter sales pitch has been delivered.

Every time I sit down to cast, I just get frustrated and close it out.
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. Geers

B-but WE NEED YOU. D: I CAN'T PROCRASTINATE IF ALL MY OTHER SUBSCRIPTIONS HAVE NOTHING NEW!

D: D: D: D: D: D: D:
  14. brianpurkiss

I have a hard time making free promotions for Planetary Annihilation in its current state and the current outlook of its future. Not only free, but taking a considerable chunk of my time and money.

I'm tired. I'm tired and burnt out of advocating so much for Uber when they won't do any PR or promotions on their own.
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. Geers

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(.
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hi Brian, try not to get too down or sucked into the anti Uber bandwagon just yet. Uber were a very different company back when they transitioned from SMNC to PA (at point of going bankrupt) so I'm not sure it's fair to directly compare the 2. I personally think they will come through on the big features for PA. There will be some stuff that's still missing but hopefully modders can tackle stuff in time.

That aside, I think it's probably good for you to take a brake man, your not super human and all those casts must take up alot of your free time. Chilling for a while is a good plan :) If you do ever fancy a game or 2 of PA just for fun feel free to jump onto the Promethean TS channel.
    Geers likes this.
  17. brianpurkiss

You are right, there are a lot of differences between then and now. Financial situation, smaller team, ftp game, and such. But at the same time, there are a lot of similarities. Even though they continued to update SMNC for another year, from what I hear, the updates weren't overly large and/or they didn't add things the community wanted so badly.

I have been taking a break. I haven't been casting. I've been spending less time on the forums. I have a MASSIVE guide mostly written that I haven't finished... I'm trying to keep the energy and excitement alive.
    cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  18. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

So...

How about dem casts?
  19. brianpurkiss

*sigh*

Call me when my headaches go away...

Oy. I have such a backorder of emails that it is going to be quite the pain to sort through them all.
  20. Geers

If you eat a peanut after sipping water your headache will go away. No really it works. This totally isn't a plot to instigate a placebo effect.
    stuart98 likes this.