If Uber hadn't started working on HR, how close would we be to having offline/saves/insert feature h

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stuart98, October 5, 2014.

1. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Plus, all the crazy possibilities for time-travel mods that the chrono-cam could open up.
    muhatib, DeadStretch and tatsujb like this.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

[​IMG]
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You're using it wrong. That's Conspiracy Keanu
    squishypon3 likes this.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Oh. i was using Bill and Ted because it has time travel. :(
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  5. doud

doud Well-Known Member

No ???????? Really ?????
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Well how do you think that fancy pre-viz trailer for HR was made? ;p Uber said they spent a 2-3 months working out the details needed for the PA KS and seeing as the last set of 3 Commanders were released about 3 months ago and nothing significant art-wise was added to PA it stands to reason that Uber's Artists were working on HR stuff instead of finishing the Custom Commanders for release like they had intended.

Mike
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

technically he's still using it right.
    DeadStretch likes this.
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Source needed. This is pure speculation.
  9. KNight

Did I say it wasn't speculation? I took a couple facts from PA(KS prep time/Last Commander release date) and extrapolated.

Also worth noting that there are other commanders that have yet to be delivered as well; Winter Sale Commander, Delta "Replacement"/Compensation and I think the last faction leader?

Mike
    Last edited: October 6, 2014
    bradaz85, stuart98 and cmdandy like this.
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You yourself haven't finalised what your commander design would be, when I last looked. We don't know how many people have gotten their designs to a point where they can be worked on. And your entire argument assumes every single modeler has moved from PA to HR.

And you first post on this topic, https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...ne-saves-insert-feature-h.64886/#post-1012738, is stated as a fact. Which other people take as fact (see above).
  11. KNight

I handed them the files to my Tyrant 3 months ago, I was only just contacted late last week to sign the required agreements which lead to to reconsider my choice of the Tyrant.

I don't see how my "entire argument assumes every single modeler has moved from PA to HR" because I never said that, we know someone probably worked on the Jig and Catalyst, but I think we can agree that there was probably a reduction in the number of artists working on PA during the last 3 months compared to before and the fact that I was contacted about my commander around the same time that saw HR announced.

It might all be circumstantial, but there sure is a lot of it that lead to the same conclusion really

Really? it looks more to me like he didn't believe it ;p

Mike
    cmdandy, bradaz85 and doud like this.
  12. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

They are all very integral into the vision.

We were sold on the "idea," or "the vision," of a game that included all of those things. How is planet smashing apart of the vision but 40 man games or asteroid belts not apart of the vision?

Uber has delivered a large portion of the vision, but is nowhere near completely delivering upon the vision.

Uber gave us a grand scope of what was to be in the game. Everything that Uber sold to us is apart of the vision, and many very very integral components of that vision, some of the biggest "wow factors" of that vision are still missing.
    cmdandy, muhatib, bradaz85 and 2 others like this.
  13. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

This is really a useless topic. It'll come.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  14. doud

doud Well-Known Member

No I did not take it as fact. You're just making extrapolation ...
  15. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the most negative people are usually the loudest :(
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Then I stand corrected in your case, although you had to ask - how many people don't ask and just take it as face value? Hence, my original reply.
  17. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Those are 4 seperate things that may be added in 1 go, but still 4 things missing now and your post sounds like uber fix all these 4 things at once for sure, wich you cannot know for sure, i think you know that, please keep it to facts.

Saves i don't care about, but my friends are. I think Unit Cannon and Asteroid Belts are certainly must haves for big games. They are both great for orbital hide n seek and intellwars and they will increase the awesome by a large amount. Please provide better reasons before you say this kind of things, im still waiting for them and i think they gonna be a BIG improvement to orbital gameplay for sure, orbital now is a mess still (clipping units/structures all the way + no way to do precision timings) and these functions might be a big boost to orbital fighting. Now please come with facts of why they wouldn't improve gameplay because these opinions are absolutely worthless to us.

Naval is not good at the moment, a scoutboat sees less far then a normal one and a naval spawn is usually inferior to a land. Please give more details of why current naval balance is so good for you because your probably the only one that says that.

Don't you see you just personally decided we don't need these functions that are actually quite great for the game in that post? Im waiting for all of them and last thing i want to see is people saying we don't need them anyway!
    muhatib likes this.
  18. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

OFFLINE CONFIRMED OCTOBER 9TH!!!!!
    squishypon3 likes this.
  19. archmagecarn

archmagecarn Active Member

Well, we just got 2 of those, so I guess the answer is... three days?
    squishypon3 and cwarner7264 like this.
  20. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Brad also said 40 player games can be modded right thats awesome and we should totally try it out