The Unit Cannon

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Geers, October 3, 2014.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

they are. these were early drafts but you can still recognise mass and energy generators, the orbital launcher and the different factories.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

how so?

I mean sure don't unit cannon but how so?

Is this not a simulated projectile game? can they not shoot at them?
  3. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Who is to say the unit cannon would make the orbital layer pointless in the first place? It was never introduced so none of us can say if it was bad or good.
  4. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Its almost like these stretch goles are ruining PA, Navy, Oribital, Galactic war, Gas Giants, all these stretch goals are at the moment abysmal features of the game. I wonder what it would be like if Uber didnt implement those features
    bradaz85 and elonshadow like this.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

In hindsight that might have been the best thing to do, The core gameplay could have been better polished and then post release instead of having to finish the core elements of the game they could take the time to focus on each additional element individually without all the conflicting priorities.

Mike
  6. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

You know I can't help but agree with the both of you.
    Naval feels useless, orbital feels clunky (and gas giants uninteresting because of this). Although metal planets are cool, and I'm actually happy with how those turned out.

I think that in trying to do everything, Uber managed to bungle half of it up.
    Whereas if they went for the CORE features first, and after finishing those, started work on stretch goals, the game would probably look more streamlined. Which I believe is the actual point of stretch goals.
    Whereas it now sometimes feels like it's having something of an identity crisis.

But as Mike says: hindsight 20/20.

PS I know I've been 'ranting' somewhat over the past few days. And don't get me wrong, I still like PA, and it's not a bad game by any means.
    The thing that irks me, is that I had expected it to be great (and I still see the potential for greatness in it), yet it just feels okay.
    (That and some missing core features of course).
    stuart98, bradaz85 and mjshorty like this.
  7. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Indeed, i still see so much potential with it, Uber just isnt working with the fan-base properly
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

The thing I actually fear, is that Uber has essentially 'given up' on PA being the success they hoped for.
    And that while they might patch a bit here and there and release some more features, they don't intend to really work on it too much more.

Which would be a crying shame, since it still has so much potential.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't shake this feeling. And the lack of info doesn't inspire confidence.
    stuart98 likes this.