What would you do if offline was released Tomorrow? Wait a minute...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by squishypon3, October 5, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Legitimate question, how would you feel? Would you consider backing HR? Would you still hate Uber?

I dunno, I like hypothetical questions, and I see offline/server referenced a lot (For good reason.)

I'd be so very very happy, I'd finally get to play the game during the day... I'd get to test my mods offline, etc...

What would you do? How would your interpretation of Uber change, or would it? Explain below pl0x. <3
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

I'd continue playing multiplayer free for alls and occasional absurd AI skirmishes :p

Seriously though, I totally understand the want and need for offline, I grew up with all the great multiplayer games passing me by because I had a crappy 14.4 dial up (if it was behaving) so I definitely feel your pain on that.

I'd love to back HR, but I'm broke as hell so.
    mjshorty likes this.
  3. squishypon3

Hehe, I have very limited internet, as I live pretty far from town. I have terrible satellite with a 10GB cap, that last like a week... If I'm careful..

Now at least it has unlimited broadband at night, so from 11pm through 7am I have the internets!
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Complain about the unit cannon. Uber sucks, etc.

I would be happy I guess, but I'm not personally very interested in getting offline mode.
  5. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

I don`t know will I get a story mode narrated by WpMarshall? [​IMG]
  6. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I'd say, "oh hey, that's cool", update the game and get on with life.
    bengeocth, jvickers, Antiglow and 6 others like this.
  7. planktum

planktum Post Master General

I'm more concerned with improvements to naval and orbital, but I see the offline issue as a good litmus test for the rest of the "continued development" they have promised.
    Antiglow, bradaz85 and duncane like this.
  8. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

Offline mode? Couldn't care less for it... If I didn't have access to the UBER servers, there's no way I'd be able to get the game to run
    Murcanic and cptconundrum like this.
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

There are an infinite number of what if arguments that could be brought to bear. All should be disregarded completely because they are not rooted firmly in reality and therefore are irrelevant for the purposes of polling for opinions on topics.
    bradaz85 and igncom1 like this.
  10. squishypon3

Way to be a party pooper?

Notice: I didn't add a poll, I'm just genuinely interested in what people think
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Utilizing the forum poll feature is not requisite to poll for data. Asking for questions as you have done in this thread is polling for data.

Sorry. Just got back from a debate tournament so I'm in an analytical mood.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  12. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Buy another copy @ the current sale price for a friend. Being able to play on our own servers would allow me and my friends to play this game properly and have a better experience with it. As for just myself well, I have a pretty meaty machine with 16GB of ram and an 8-core cpu, so I'm pretty sure slow downs would be restrictive to a minimum against AI for the most part, not completely of course but just much much smoother play time for me.
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Strike one item off of the list of items PA still needs to be a well rounded game.

Offline is important, but not to the point of it being the only thing PA needs, far from it.

Mike
    muhatib, stuart98, vyolin and 4 others like this.
  14. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

:rolleyes: I FINALLY CAUGHT YOU
    cwarner7264, bradaz85 and squishypon3 like this.
  15. KNight

KNight Post Master General

*shrug* it happens, do it as often as I do(almost 7,500 posts here, OVER 9000!!!! on the GPG Forums) and you're bound to make mistakes eventually! ;p

Mike
    cptconundrum and squishypon3 like this.
  16. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

I'd be really happy for the people who either prefer single player games or have unfortunate internet issues. For me it would be business as usual, since mp is all I play.

Lan parties with pa would be uber cool though.
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. gus4544gs

gus4544gs New Member

I would be pretty happy although im not sure how much of the game is prossesed server side So that would be my own concern about the offline, other than that I am excited for that possibility
  18. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Step 1: Call BrianPurkiss
    Step 2: Poke WrongCat
    Step 3: Start Conference Call
    Step 4: Play on private Realm Server all day, every day, until my next class.
  19. wowylied

wowylied Member

Since i never play with other people i would be quite happy to avoid pumping into my connection only to play with bots.
  20. nineball1986

nineball1986 New Member

Not backing anything else uber make until pa reaches its true 1.0. Not this sham of a launched version its apparently suppose to be.
    tunsel11 likes this.