PA no longer playable

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Hakkonen, October 4, 2014.

1. Hakkonen

Hakkonen New Member

With the most recent update - the hotfix, apparently - I can no longer play PA. The menus work fine, but a minute or so after starting a game, the program starts to stutter, and then causes my PC to crash. DxDiag.txt attached.

Attached Files:

2. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Hello,

One of the problems causing the game to crash could be your OS:
    Code:
    Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.130707-1535)
    Memory: 16382MB RAM
    I can't tell if your OS is 32 or 64 bit, but one thing's for sure: PA seems to have a load of problems (disappearing mouse cursor, crashes, etc.) when running on Vista. For best compatibility, please upgrade to Windows 7 SP1 or higher.

Also, your drivers are out of date:
    Code:
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
    Driver Version: 9.18.0013.4052 (English)
    Driver Date/Size: 7/2/2014 16:48:32, 17555104 bytes
    Apparently, the newest Nvidia drivers available (344.11) do not support your video card (GTX 275).
    You will need to get a new video card (preferably GeForce 500 or above, after upgrading your OS)
    to get the newest drivers available and possibly eliminate the crashing issue.

Notes (click "Supported Products" tab) and driver download link are here:
    http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/77837/en-us
  3. Hakkonen

Hakkonen New Member

Le sigh. I've known it was time to upgrade for a while now, but PA had been running fine so I didn't think it was really that urgent. Oh well, at least Christmas isn't far off. :D