Are you going to back Human Resources?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Pawz, October 3, 2014.

?

Are you going to back Human Resources?

1. Yes, I believe in this company and this project. 115% support Take My Money!

56 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Yes, but I'm holding back for now. Lets see how it plays out

32 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. No, but I would if they wrapped up the outstanding issues in PA first

107 vote(s)
    42.0%
  4. No, not going to back anything - will check back when it's released.

60 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. warlockgs

warlockgs Member

Cthulhu vs Skynet?

Shut up and take my money! (Pledged again at the 250 level :) )
  2. kerbalweirdo123

kerbalweirdo123 New Member

To be fair, Uber has only made 1 game using kickstarter, so they've probably learned, and "under deliver" is an invalid statement, seeing as the game is far from complete:

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...ckstarter-from-uber.64718/page-2#post-1009751
    -----------------------------------------------

Also, game development takes time, more and more time as the game gets bigger, and the community gets larger. Just have some patience, by now, because there is so much code and art, as well as a sizeable, nagging forum, they have to divert more and more resources away from actual game development, and into debugging, community management, and optimization, give them some time!

Edit: formatting
    Last edited: October 3, 2014
    varrak likes this.
  3. nephandys

nephandys Member

So the fact that they didn't fund MNC or SMNC through KS makes their track record with those 2 titles null and void? Not by my logic but to each their own.

The fact is they over promised and under delivered on MNC (map maker, 3 DLC's, engine update, etc.) and SMNC (they bailed on the game while it was still in beta). Same thing with PA (I called it 2 years ago but got tons of hate in my inbox).

How can you say PA didn't under deliver? It's a complete product as you would only launch with a complete game unless you are foolish right? Currently however PA is missing key features (offline play as an example) as well as tons of fluff they promised during the KS would be in game at launch (unit cannon, etc). Now you've got HR. How do you think that's going to turn out?

Everything they're telling you about separate teams, continued support for PA, and games as a service are almost word for word exactly what they said to the SMNC playerbase at the time of PA's KS.
    elkanfirst, vyolin and Shwyx like this.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Logical conclusion: SMNC failed hard financially and all they could do is bail out. If they were to make promises based on the assumption of "it wont make any money" they would not be able to promise anything.
    A promise from a company making video games basically means: "If we can get the funds because it sells we'll do this and that".
    If it doesn't sell they can't do it. That's true for PA as well, but PA has a much better start than SMNC. It had a succesful Kickstarter, was multiple times in the steam top 10 during high prices periods, has no publisher involved, etc. But sure, if PA starts to be a net loss over a longer period of time they won't be able to sustain developing it forever. Doesn't even matter how much the devs themselves dislike that.
    pizwitch and squishypon3 like this.
  5. wilhelmvx

wilhelmvx Member

I really dig the concept of human resources...sadly PA wasn´t able to live up to my expectations.
    So no money from me.
  6. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Interesting that so far, out of 180 people, 64% of them won't back it, and a majority of them picked the 'Fix PA first' option.

If they do release offline in the next 30 days, we might see a spike in the kickstarter that day ;)
    elkanfirst and igncom1 like this.
  7. planktum

planktum Post Master General

My thoughts exactly!!!
    nlaush likes this.
  8. tiblolan

tiblolan Active Member

See my signature. They said the same thing from MNC > SMNC > PA. You'll have to turn off your brain to not see the trends
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

You do realize you just said that to a dev? Haha. :p
  10. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

Too soon. I have bad feelings about this.
  11. ubersoldier501

ubersoldier501 Member

I backed it because it looks like it'd be fun. PA is fun, so in theory so should this.

I also went for the twofitty, because I like physical things. I don't even care about the copy of PA or the SMNC stuff. That would be the third copy of PA I have, and I've never touched SMNC, and also don't plan to.

I only hope that it get's the main funding, and no stretch goals though. It was great that PA got all the additional content from the stretch goals, but having to add it all in threw the main launch off by so much people started to whine about it not being done when the KS said it'd be done. I'm not saying it's 100% now, but the original KS release date was for nothing but the 900K game, which a lot of people seemed to forget about.

Or maybe only the people that I came across. :c

Also, I have a slight feeling that the funding won't be met, but I can't quite put my finger on why though. I think that people will look at what the main goal is, and instead of backing in high hopes, the won't even bother, which would cause the game to have a lesser chance.
    Last edited: October 4, 2014
  12. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

This makes me nervous about offline access for PA. If HR is using the PA engine, and the PA engine "is getting offline access," why would they immediately come out and say that HR is not going to have offline access?

If HR isn't going to have the ability to play offline, PASS. I don't want my games having a kill switch.
  13. planktum

planktum Post Master General

You aren't alone. Everyone is thinking the same thing.
    elkanfirst and nlaush like this.
  14. burlayz

burlayz Member

Entitled? Spoiled?
    I paid >€100 for a game I can't even play, and I know there are others in this thread with the same situation.
    If people speaking out when they feel they're being scammed is so upsetting then maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities.
    Last edited by a moderator: October 4, 2014
    bradaz85 and planktum like this.
  15. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: October 4, 2014
    Raevn likes this.
  16. pizzapotamus

pizzapotamus Member

Well a decent number of people who are demanding offline for PA probably still aren't interested in any game with online only DRM, I know I'm not.
  17. verybad

verybad Active Member

The style and gamesystem looks great. unfortuneately I'm broke due to some family issues, so I won't be buying ion currently. I would however if I weren't in the situation I am currently. Can't see myself not buying in latyer however.
  18. nateious

nateious Active Member

Yes very probably, not at the same tier that I did PA, but I will put something in, it looks too cool to not.
  19. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Because even Uber knows that saying "this game will have offline too no really" is really bad PR.
    kjotak109 likes this.
  20. tranilator

tranilator New Member