That launch trailer was amazing, thanks!

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Crymaw, August 29, 2014.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

lol, it is good they both are giving such credit for this way of development. It is good when a game can be like a community finance is to a bank.

It is bad that the self proclaimed cool kids that stick together like a gang and call themselves "generic society" decided kickstarter was bad. Always risky, if its a plan of action God knows what'll go wrong before it goes through, but "bad" is an overused term. Dox were bad 4 patches ago. Now Tanks are bad. Yet each is and was situational. Kickstarter is at worse situational, and never bad.

sadly, I bet Chris Roberts was probably wanting to also say he thought Uber should have held off release. However, he probably knows the volitile situation if he even had the time to comment. Also, he probably knows how hard it is run a legitimate business and knows he has no background information to advise Uber better. As don't we.
  2. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

I wondered whether the reason neither elite or star citizen have released on steam is due to the how people reacted when they saw the alpha pledge price..

Probably would have backed elite or star citizen if there a steam early access, ah well....
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

What's the difference? Why not just use their site?
  4. maxcomander

I know I could, but then it's another user name, another password (to add to my 2 books of passwords) another set of e mails to delete ect ect...

I just prefer Steam, It keeps it all together, put's everything in the right folder automatically, If they don't release on Origen or steam I'll have to get it that way, but until I know I'm gonna wait faf & Pa have enough to keep me going till then....

And I'll get it cheaper & more complete . ;)
  5. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Or.... use the same username and disable newsletters?

Also get a better memory for passwords.
  6. maxcomander

Using the same user name is insecure And I have so many games that need passwords there is no way I could remember them all...

Na I think I'll stick with what works for me.

I have little time left after work as it is, anything that saves me time is godsend.

I will never go back to the old ways, steam is the way forward, for me at least...