T1 Unit Transports

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bengeocth, September 27, 2014.

1. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

I realize the issue and the reason the Pelican was moved to T2, but they did it inn the wrong way and essentially removed it from T1 strategy completely. So here is my suggestion:

Make the pelican able to carry several units or the Commander. Keep at t2.

Make a t1 air transport that can carry one unit, but not the commander or t2 units.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

well but this way you would not be able to save your Commander if he is being chased by only 300 vanguards (No AA or Fighters) and 100 avengers
  3. bengeocth

Did you read my post? I said there would be a t2 air that could save your commander.

Besides, if you don't have t2, which I assume is the position you are presenting, it would be like this anyway.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I have never been able to get them to work, so id fix them before we consider balancing them.
  5. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

well I didn't, but from what I know Uber don't want transports like we have on FA
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

source?

they have stated many times in videos and threads that there will be multiunittransports in the future ... the problem seems to be
    that it is hard to make them fuse and defuse from multiple units into one ...
    and as far as i remember mavor stated that that among with ferrycommands to be THE most timeconsuming
    piece of work to be implemented into SupCom ...
  7. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

well there a video(I don't remember where) that the devs said that they want a fleet of transports instead of a mult-unit transport
  8. dusanak

dusanak Member

That's odd, they always worked fine for me. Although when they were at T1, I just created a bunch of them and used them to directly drop Infernos into enemy base so they would definitely need some balancing.
  9. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

Why would anybody actually want one-unit-transports? Don't we just have only one-unit-transports because of some engine limitation?
  10. igncom1

Single unit transports can be cheap, and TA's transports were single unit transports.

We used to have a limit for transports where one unit per transport due to having the unit appear loaded into the transport (Supposedly much, much herder to do here then in SupCom) but now that transports don't show their cargo below, the only problem is getting the units to load up a full load when using the area commands.
  11. dusanak

dusanak Member

I am not sure whether it is an engine limitation or it would just take too much time to implement properly. But to be honest, I don't see a problem with many single unit transports instead of one multi unit one.
    Last edited: September 28, 2014
  12. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

I find it just silly to have one transport for one unit... Makes transporting a hundred units or more not a viable thing.
  13. igncom1

Only if it costs a lot.

And with area commands, it is really easy to do.
  14. Geers

Geers Post Master General

The hard part is watching them slowly meander around the sky to get into a nice little formation as slowly as possible and again when they're landing and getting picked off like a car in a golf driving range.
  15. igncom1

Which needs to be fixed, even for multi unit transports.
  16. kurthunk

kurthunk New Member

just ninja build a teleporter near your opponents base with t1 air fabricators. More reliable and less chance of having a huge loss if all the transporters are shot down.
  17. bengeocth

or fly in 10 infernos and land them on the top of the enemy com >:]