Selecting type of units allowed

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by deltren5, September 25, 2014.

1. deltren5

deltren5 New Member

Will this be implemented? Will AI support for limited unit types be implemented too?

IE naval units only allowed : no air, etc.
  2. kopig

kopig New Member

I would love to see a similar interface like in SupCom where you could see and easily select your idle and/or busy engineers sorted by type (air, bot, vehicle, sea) and by Tech level
    Last edited: September 25, 2014
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

AI will instantly support it, can't say they'll use smart strategies when limited.. but whatever, anyway, it's possible now through mods. I'd love to see it in vanilla though.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-no-enter-unit-type-here.63218/#post-983952
  4. Krossmaskinen

Krossmaskinen New Member

Yeah, it's a bit difficult at the moment to only select orbital units when zoomed out since all the ground units get selected as well.
  5. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I was hoping for maybe some modifier keys that you can use - one for bots, one for vehicles, one for air, one for orbital... hold them down before clicking and dragging to make your selection, and it will only select units of that type. If it can support multiple unit types, e.g. hold down two keys before clicking and dragging, to select vehicles and air units only.. that'd be nice.

That's a simple place to start anyway. I think it would be quite useful.
  6. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

While I do agree with this, this thread isn't talking about that at all.

It's refering to the locking of units and/or structures. As in a lobby setting which can allow you to prevent certain buildings or units from being made.
    squishypon3 and zihuatanejo like this.
  7. kopig

kopig New Member

Oh I totally misunderstood it
  8. zihuatanejo

Oh I see :)

Sounds like it would be possible with a server mod. Veto certain buildings? I guess some people would like that but I can't really see any way of getting fun out of that!
  9. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

There's a keyboard shortcut to select idle workers already, and they're sorted by type. There may be one for all workers as well, possibly with no key assigned yet.

What would be nice though, once you have that list, is an easy way to pick out a single (or selection of) fabber.
  10. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

If you look in Settings, there's already shortcuts created for All Ground Units, All Ground Units on Screen, All Air Units, etc - they're unbound by default, but you can set up your own bindings already.

e.g. I have the following:
    CTRL+ALT+A = All Air Units on Screen
    CTRL+ALT+N = All Naval Units on Screen
    CTRL+ALT+G = All Ground Units on Screen.
    CTRL+ALT+Z = All Combat Units on Screen (Ground, Air and Naval; might include orbital, don't remember).

However, it'd be nice if there were separate options for All Bots and All Vehicles - at the moment they're both rolled into All Ground.

Also using those, there's still some funky unit exclusions. For instance, All Ground doesn't include Spinners ... actually, that's the only weird one I can think of, off the top of my head ...
  11. zihuatanejo

Yep, but there's no way to distinguish between bots and vehicles. Which is a bit frustrating due to the large difference in move speed. EDIT: Sorry. You said this! :D

And yes, those keybinds are useful, but the ability to do it for a smaller selection than 'on screen' would be nice. But you can adjust the zoom level, which is fiddly but it works.

A key to scroll through all fabbers, idle or not, would be nice too. Hoping that is easily moddable.

Thanks for your replies guys.
  12. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Third post in the thread is a mod I created for this exact reason. :p
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  13. zihuatanejo

Not sure how I missed that! Checking it out now :) thanks!