Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

well true but you might miss scout.. it happens.. you radar doesnt. and you'd be supprised how many raiding can be done in the early early game when someone is close to you. They lure your dox out and attack from an other angle. rince and repeat. It's your choice to not build a radar early. But I will always keep doing it as imo it is a must in the first few mins.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. pilotrose

pilotrose Member

Well I think we can all agree that radar is important in the early game. Whether one builds it immediately or after a few factories is debatable and I can see both sides' argument.

I lost two games last night that just pissed me off. The first I left my commander unprotected with fighters in the "later" game and as I was bomber sniping his commander my opponent did the same with more bombers and literally killed my commander 1-2 seconds prior to me killing his...

Then the 2nd game against another opponent, I had 2/3 of the map and had the guy dominated then as I was picking up my commander in an astraeus my game got super laggy (due to my connection) and me not doing a qued up move to pick him up then take him to orbit where he is safer. So basically the commander was sitting in the astraeus right above the ground and a fighter happened to be sent to my base at that time and pick him off...

It's these things that pis me off to the point where I couldn't fall asleep very well! Lol... At the same time I can learn from these mistakes and it motivates me just to try and become all that much better so I don't get myself into these lame situations where I lose for dumb mistakes.
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Mistakes are as much important as wins, I also dont like silly snipes and now try to do everything to protect myself. Anyway, bombers are often bullsh#t, because they go in one line, fast, but if you have enough air...
  4. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

If you had domination of the map than you should know he was massing up bombers. Little mistake made but keeps you aware in the future ^^, as bomber snipes are really easy to counter. The last point is just really tough luck. It happens nothing you can do about. And for that reason I always send a fabber instead of my comm to another planet or make an orbital fabber to build me some teleporters. much safer :p
    pilotrose likes this.
  5. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Ugh, smallest mistakes make you most angry. I would have won if I have ordered to put vanguards 5 meters closer to commander. But now I learned to scout a little bit better next time, even that second more counts.
    pilotrose likes this.
  6. pilotrose

pilotrose Member

A bunch of good points above. Needless to say I'm happy I posted here because previously I thought my 2 fabber start build was best (without really putting much thought into it) but now I know it's much more dynamic than that. I've been doing 3 fabber starts now while only assisting the first fabber with the commander. The 3rd fabber that comes out works on solely power gens. A lot of experimentation to come. But with now 3 weeks of playing this game I'm enjoying it a lot. There is a lot to learn and to win often I am realizing you must be a very versatile player and adapt to different maps and scout your opponent often to do the appropriate counter and not be surprised by anything.
  7. puddin42596

puddin42596 New Member

I'm back dood. So prepare your ears in teamspeak, cuz there's going to be a lot of yelling over the next few days.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

You better be playing the 1 v 1 tourney on Saturday.... I've got some ar*e kicking to do!
  9. nerofearstar

nerofearstar Active Member

10. cdrkf

Alright folks- So I set a Challonge up for tonight's Tourney.

We'll go for Swiss, possibly with a Single Elimination to finish depending on how many players.

Link to tourney:

http://challonge.com/t5s0tul7
  11. pilotrose

pilotrose Member

I got called into fly but the aircraft I hasn't been fixed yet. So I may not be able to make it to the tourney tonight. But if they are unable to fix the aircraft then I'll head back and should be able to play. We'll see. If I am unable to make it, enjoy!

Disregard. Flight was canceled so I'm most likely going to be there.
    Last edited: September 20, 2014
  12. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

GG, it was a nice little tournament all :D
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. pilotrose

pilotrose Member

Good times. We'll do it again.
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. cdrkf

I enjoyed it ;)
  15. samrrr

samrrr New Member

can i join clan?
  16. cdrkf

17. samrrr

samrrr New Member

Hmmm but ts server now emepty.
  18. cdrkf

Yeah probably won't be anyone there right now... Most people are online from around 6pm UTC / GMT.
  19. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Do you guys want to do another 1v1 tournament this saturday? I think it is good practice and a lot of fun to have them more often.
  20. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member