1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Is there any gameplay footage out there, because I can't find any.
  2. memorykill

memorykill New Member

Wow...

Did NOT see this coming.

What's worse is the metacritic rating is plumiting down too...what a shame.

For me, yes the camera sucks and there could be more effects, polish, audio and other such things but, to give this low of a review is harsh, I'd put the game in the 7 ball park as it stands, as it does "need more" but 4.8...it's not a "bad" game, just lots left to do in it.
  3. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/reportages...n-starcraft-like-plus-accessible-00121260.htm
  4. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

The review lost all credibility to me when I noticed he listed the cartoon art style as a pro. Bah.

Hec omplains how he doesn't like the punishing nature of GW or multiple planets and didn't consider reviewing the game based off of single planet gameplay.....
  5. igncom1

It's cartoony?

Aren't there some really gritty cartoons? Doesn't that make call of duty cartoony too?
  6. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

I really like the art style, so why wouldnt it be a pro? it certainly does not cause any detriment to the game.
    elkanfirst, squishypon3 and igncom1 like this.
  7. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

I bet that's what he did. He had to dismiss a big chunk of the game (one would say it's even the main feature of the game), so he removed half the note too.
    tatsujb likes this.
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I have to agree with you on this one, multiple planets is the main theme of the game I'd say, though of course he should have considered a single planet, as a wholesome review is nice. One that lists all aspects of the game, as a review should.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It's always great when a game is most fun in ways the developers didnt even plan :p
  10. GoogleFrog

GoogleFrog Active Member

Except when people are turned away from the game because the default settings are not fun.
  11. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

So you prefer them to mention the lack of ladder and the bad pathing?
  12. igncom1

The pathfinding is bad?
  13. mophmoph

mophmoph New Member

Well, as someone who never really got into SupComm, I for one am in love with this game. It's taxing and has a steep learning curve, but it's a great concept, and hopefully will only improve with polish as time passes.

I do hope that the unpolished areas don't drive away too many new players, as the driving force behind this game is going to be multiplayer going forward, and drawing in new blood will become important.
    drz1 and squishypon3 like this.
  14. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

TA didn't have a ladder at release, did it deserve to be criticized for it? no!

I'm talking what's bad, and what's good in the complete game. They could talk about the pathfinding, sure. (But don't overblow it, it's not as bad as some say) they should talk about how great the ai is, what they think of the game's aesthetic (personally I like it), how the tech progression goes. HOw the game handles on multiplanet systems, and single planet systems, how the game runs on the system specs they had, how did the server run, etc...

You should talk about the complete game and study said game if you're going to review it, though I guess that's just my opinion. I just like fair reviews that really work through and through with the game.
  15. elkanfirst

elkanfirst Active Member

Yes, but from a customer perspective, it doesn't matter.

Anyway, let's hope Angry Joe :eek: will never review PA!
  16. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

I have never liked angry joes reviews. Tried watching his WoW one, and then decided he was a moron when he got upset that WoW does not have an immersive story line. The aim of WoW was the multiplayer and co-op aspects, not the story behind the game.
  17. schuesseled192

The lack of a story line and just nonsensical grinding quests has led to me initially hating any game with WoW like characteristics on general principle, fearing it might be another in a line of ugly mmo's. I've softened up a bit since then, but still the first sign of any mmo element familiar to war craft still makes me edgy.
  18. schuesseled192

Because it's rubbish? It would be like praising this game if it went for an 8 bit space invaders look. Saying that the graphics are superb is something I can get behind, personal preferences on art style have no place in a review, for as many people who like it, their are equal numbers who won't.

I don't like the art but I like the game just fine so I'm able to ignore it but listing it as one of the only good things about the game sounds stupid and to a lot of people simply untrue as well.
  19. alienmind

alienmind New Member

No gamer is reading IGN or metacritic before buying a game so we should be fine.
  20. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

IGN is a really large website. It has millions of readers and tends to rank really well in the search engines.

Anyone who is active in the gaming industry knows not to trust IGN, but casual gamers don't know not to trust it.