[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Trrrippple post.

Added a tiny extra feature:
    [​IMG]
  2. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

nice the auto pause worked in a game i was just spectating
    cola_colin likes this.
  3. cola_colin

A little note @camberwell and others: Yes the PTE build does not show the 1vs1 button. That's on purpose. If it would show it, it would try to match people from PTE with people from the normal build.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

The matchmaking has a very annoying flaw, if there is a player not near your rank it takes around 6 more minutes to play a game.

No pls...
    knub23 likes this.
  5. cola_colin

I can't magically summon new players :(
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

yeah lol, but the time should be reduced to something like 3 minutes i think.
    knub23 likes this.
  7. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Is the MM based off of the ELO ladder? If so, could we have it switched to the trueskill?
  8. cola_colin

The far larger issue is not enough players. Doesn't really matter what rating you throw at it.
    Sadly so far no response from Uber about any sort of help in getting more players on it.

EDIT:
    So basically I am too lazy to change it as I think ELO isn't that horrible to match players. Yes there are better options, but there are bigger issues really.
    You're however free to implement trueskill, PA Stats is open source and I happily accept pull requests :p
    Last edited: September 21, 2014
  9. cola_colin

I've had a report that *some* other mod breaks reporting of "constructed factory". If somebody notices that, I'd appreciate more information on it.
  10. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Maybe make a auto pause setting. Yesterday I had a match where somebody disconnected every 5 minutes or so because of bad internet in a 10 player FFA. You can imagine that the nonstop pausing became a bit annoying ;)

Edit: at the end of the game, when the last enemy commander dies and someone disconnects afterwards I also get the automated pause message ;)
    Last edited: September 22, 2014
  11. Prezombie

Prezombie New Member

I'm getting hard crashes when I start a match with this mod active. relaunching and reconnecting usually cures it, but even those reconnections sometimes crash. What's going on?
  12. cola_colin

Weird. What system do you have?
  13. Prezombie

Prezombie New Member

I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Here's what the log looks like when PAstats is the only mod loaded, and I start an AI skermish game.

http://pastebin.com/ke1n9Scy

PAMM seems to cause the log to still see disabled mods, not sure why that is, but they're all disabled by PAMM.

It looks like it's looping on the " [22:01:45.296] INFO CoherentUI::loadUrl ForceSoftwareRendering : 0 " area, I don't know if that's normal or a clue to what's wrong.
  14. cola_colin

Are you sure it is this mod? Have you cleaned your install completely and only enabled this mod?
  15. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Seems to be the case :
  16. Prezombie

Prezombie New Member

It did seem to be this mod, vanilla worked, but just PAstats made the game crash during the startup.

I manually deleted the entire mods folder, removed and reinstalled PA, rebooted, then launched it again with just this mod, and it seems to be behaving now.

Hopefully the problem's gone, sorry for the bother, I'll bring things up again if I can reproduce whatever's going on.
  17. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

soooooo if someone has a server mod like devmode on and they are the host it still works... like in the auto 1v1 button. just had my opponent have his devmode on and welp, he used it to see all my units and ****, he never controled my units but im just kinda pissed that someone would try that ****.
  18. cola_colin

lol
    that's ... unfortunate. I don't think I actively do anything to add a server mod. Can I even prevent this? o_O
    Maybe I can check if the mod is present and refuse to launch the search completely in that case.

EDIT:
    Though "trying" that isn't bad. I probably would've stumpled over it as well at some point, as I often have some cheats enabled.
    Last edited: October 2, 2014
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The real question though... who won?!
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Wait wait wait

So if I 1v1 MM with Statera on...

This is a good feature.

Well, it brings about exposure for mods and makes it a bit easier for players to find other players to play the mod with. On the flip side, it gives the advantage to the guy who was expecting to play Statera and may also alienate the uninitiated.