General feedback.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xonal, September 16, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I just bought an SNES from Amazon, guess what? It came with no power cable nor a TV cable. I assumed it would.

Guess my assumption was wrong.
  2. Zillah

Zillah New Member

They have a few things in common. For example; both are expected to create finished products before they sell them for full price to consumers. Luckily for drivers, car manufacturers don't expect to be paid in advance and work on finishing the product later.
  3. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

If you were a car guy you would know that even car companys release new cars before features or bugs are 100% worked out. Tsb's and recalls are just a few examples.
    DalekDan and squishypon3 like this.
  4. Zillah

Zillah New Member

There's a huge difference between selling a product in good faith that turns out to have a bug, and releasing a product that you know damn well is not finished. I waited until after beta before I bought and I was given a beta anyway. That's a shitty way to treat your customers.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I don't really think Uber is to blame for the horribly broken practices that are common in the games industry.
    If every single car manufacturer would sell half finished cars and customers would accept that a new car manufacturer could not compete without selling half finished cars.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  6. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Most people that complain about whats missing from the game, fail to realize that they dont have a big publisher pumping money into this game. They have to makesome hard choices on what to release with and what not to at a later date, doesnt mean its not coming.

If they waited until every single thing was in before releasing, they more than likely would have run out of money for devolopment. Releasing was a way to generate more funds for more support of the game.
    DalekDan, pizwitch and squishypon3 like this.
  7. Zillah

Zillah New Member

That means they screwed up their project management. They should have scaled their ambition with the funding they had. Tricking me and other customers into funding their development by pretending their game is finished is not a reasonable practice. They might not be the first to do it but that doesn't make it ok. I know I'm certainly going to be extremely sceptical about anything Uber makes in the future.

I have a valid complaint here, I'm not being unreasonable, I find it confusing that there is so much resistance to the idea that Uber did something wrong. I know a forum like this is going to have a lot of fans and a lot of people committed to the project, but it shouldn't make you incapable of admitting that Uber did something unfair.
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i don´t think anybody said that uber was flawless during development
    but because of the concept they had we did fund this game in a first place so many of us willingly took a chance for something awesome to be got ..
    and apperantly many people such as you didn´t thought about the risks and consequenses of funding this projekt ...
    because if you were you either wouldn´t have fund this game in the first place and have waited for the reviews or wouldn´t be as pissed as you are right now ...

the information was long there from many sources ... if you don´t take it it´s your own fault .. uber is not to blame on that ...
    Last edited: September 17, 2014
  9. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member