Are Catalysts disallowed in Galactic War?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Hakkonen, September 14, 2014.

1. Hakkonen

Hakkonen New Member

I'm playing Galactic War mode. I've landed on a metal planet, and I keep trying to build Catalysts to activate the Annihilaser, but I can't find a spot where the wireframe turns white. Yes, I'm at the north pole, not the south. What's stopping me from building Catalysts?
  2. Xounette

Xounette New Member

I guess you're on a "broken" metal planet system, named Synchronous or something like that, right?

Can't build Catalyst on that, as those planets are kind of "Death Star in construction".

Edit: If not, look on the North Pole for small blue lights.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

There may be wreckage or buildings too close to the Catalyst build point.
  4. Hakkonen

Hakkonen New Member

Apa-Synchronous, yes. That's intensely frustrating. :(
  5. Xounette

Xounette New Member

You'll get the chance to use it, don't despair.
  6. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

This is a special system without anni-lasers and a chasm on each of the three. Also one is haleyable.
    You need a client side mod to even enable that biome for the system editor, so this is the only map in the entire stock game that has this.

All the other systems with metal planets in GW, Skirmish and Multiplayer have the normal Anni-laser enabeled one.
  7. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

This is a good point. I found this out the other day. If there is wreckage in a catalyst build area, fabbers apparently don't clear the wreckage and just won't build. You have to manually clear the area first. Bug maybe?
  8. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Do an area-reclaim with air fabbers to get rid of loose debris or stray buildings.
  9. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

try every spot, and then once you get one that works, don't click it. Do an area command and tell the units to do them all.
  10. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Generalyl use air fabbers on metal planets. Especialy for the catalyst.